“Afternoon tea”

The Parsonage Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Parsonage Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 729 Restaurants in Oxford
Price range: US$18 - US$32
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Famous for its intimate, bohemian, clubby atmosphere, the Parsonage Grill displays an amazing collection of eclectic oil paintings; mainly portraits of well-known writers and artists. Our Head Chef, Allan McLaughlin, takes pride in using the best produce, cooked simply to create classic British dishes with a modern, light touch. A fixed price set lunch & theatre menu is available Monday to Friday. Our state of the art kitchen uses the best local produce to create classic, simple yet innovate British dishes. Open every day of the year, enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner and our famous afternoon teas, in the company of Oxford’s academic and literary luminaries…
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely afternoon tea here celebrating birthdays. The service was impeccable and offered extra sandwiches and scones , and doggie bags to take home extras ! Will definitely be back, atmosphere was great and food and service perfect . Thanks

OPRestaurant_Manager, Manager at The Parsonage Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Thank you so much for writing such a glowing review. It makes us so proud to hear how great an impression our service has left you with. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our wonderful team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back some time soon.

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

Very nice bar area by the restaurant. Good quality wines by the glass.
For dinner I had the pork chop which was very good. My guest the risotto.
Service also very good.
I found it an easy 10 minute walk from the train station.
Nice place to have a business dinner.

OPRestaurant_Manager, Manager at The Parsonage Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2018

Thank you so much for this lovely review. We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your experience so completely. Please do return to us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

This was a meal I had been anticipating for months: a rare gathering of immediate family and a couple of close friends whom we don’t see as often as we’d like. The delivery matched the anticipation and then some.

My friend M. and I opted for the day’s special, partridge — a bird neither of us had ever eaten. Among the six of us we seem to have ordered the entire menu, and every one of us cleaned her plate. The service was without easy comparison. It was attentive, considerate, knowledgeable and not intrusive. The vegetarians in our party were happy, as was our youngest, who eats only meat. The wine on offer at the Old Parsonage was well chosen and reasonably priced. The desserts were as tasty and well presented as the main courses and even the cheese course betrayed great care in the selection and balance of flavours and textures served up.

I would really like to go back soon, but as I’m not often in Oxford, I’m afraid I will have to wait!

1  Thank Jaquesryan
OPRestaurant_Manager, Manager at The Parsonage Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review of you experience with us! We are so happy that you have spent such a special occasion with us, and you have enjoyed yourselves to such an extent. Please do visit us again the next time you are in Oxford, we will be looking forward to it.

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

I booked here as I used to come frequently when I was a student at Oxford.

The lady who greeted us was charming and mentioned my partner’s birthday. She really deserves a special mention as she was both warm and very professional.

We had a few drinks at the bar and then went to our table. The food was ok- the crab starter fine and my starter of figs was a little uninspired.

Mains - again, the fish wasn’t bad and the risotto fine but the food wasn’t as great as I can remember. The staff were kind enough to add a candle to some cakes as a birthday treat.

It was upsetting that £50 was added to our bill by mistake, but I appreciate accidents happen.

Overall - brilliant staff and cosy setting, but we just didn’t feel it with the food. Maybe it was just us.

Dear Sean, thank you for writing such a detailed review of your recent experience at the Parsonage Grill. We are delighted to hear that have enjoyed our service, we pride ourselves on offering a personal and yet professional service to our guests and it looks as though we have achieved these standards with you self. We are disappointed that you found the food mediocre on this occasion, we consistently receive such lovely feedback for food. We would love to hear from you in more detail regarding your food on the day and overall experience with us. Please do email us at info@parsonagegrill.co.uk.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

The food was delicious. Perfectly cooked sea bream and roasted artichoke.
The service left something to be desired but not enough to detract from the overall experience. The log fire was not necessary but 'ask not the need' it was very welcoming.

1  Thank Elizabeth W
OPRestaurant_Manager, Manager at The Parsonage Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear Elizabeth, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review. We are so glad that you have enjoyed your meal with so much. The sea bream is a new dish on the menu this week and we have been so delighted by the feedback we have been receiving. We are disappointed however to hear that you did not enjoy our service as much, we pride ourself on delicious food and a high level of professional yet friendly service. We hope you visit is us again so we can impress you on all fronts.