“Friendly staff, but some problems”
Review of St Peter's College

St Peter's College
Ranked #118 of 187 things to do in Oxford
Reviewed 11 September 2016

I came to St Peter's while attending a conference in Oxford, and chose the College from the organisers' website. My room, however, turned out not to be at St Peter's main premises at New Inn Hall Street, but at a remote Annexe, and by the time I'd lugged my luggage there, I was feeling fairly worn. There was absolutely no signage in the street to identify the Annexe. The room was fairly startling too. No fridge of any kind, no electric kettle, not even a cup or glass. And no guide in the rooms to any of the facilities in the building. Fortunately, I'd brought a plastic mug with me, but I had to go out to buy a kettle at Debenhams. The fun started when I came back from dinner. The electronic key I'd received from the Porter, while it was still opening the gate, would not open the door to the building, and I had to traipse back to the Lodge to seek assistance. A porter came back with me, verified that his master key would not work, and went back to seek an over-ride tool. That did not work either, but another resident heard our knocking and opened the door manually from the inside. Clearly some systemic issues to address here. In the meantime, St Peter's is probably a College better avoided.

Reviewed 28 September 2015

A beautiful and typical Oxford College. Choir sings in chapel each night at about 6pm. Formal Dinner in the dining hall is a great experience. Students in academic robes, grace said in Latin, Master of the College at the head table and a great three course meal. Vegetarians no problem, alternative menu deliver with a minimum of fuss.

1  Thank Christine U
Reviewed 9 October 2013

this has a good standard of food serving students & guests. There is a large range of choices at a reasonable price. The staff are very helpful & attentive to the peoples needs.There are bed & breakfast options during the summer vacations which is convienent while visiting the city as it is in the city centre.

1  Thank rosemary s
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Not as famous as the Magdalens or Mertons but much more inviting and on a personal scale. Try and go when you can hear the choir or an event in the chapel.

1  Thank bigbadbob77