“Great atmosphere, lovely staff, decent food ”
Review of King's Arms

King's Arms
Ranked #268 of 725 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Gastropub
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed our lunchtime meal, triple cooked chips were yum!
This is a busy and clearly popular place.
They are dog friendly and provided fresh water. Staff were all great, friendly and helpful. Food was decent pub grub, just what we wanted. Would go again.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

This is a student location - lively and noisy.
The beer and food are great but it is difficult to hear yourself let alone others!

Reviewed 18 September 2017

We had our lunch after a walking tour. So, we were exhausted already to chose another place...Pie's and service were ok, but too crowded, no attention paid and too noisy to have a peaceful lunch. Definitely, I'd look for alternatives.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

We went in as crab was advertised on the board outside! We sat and ordered drinks then had to order food from different place and were told there was no crab. Ordered something else and it took 45 mns to be told there had been a confusion over the ticket and the food was just being done! Manager useless hardly apologetic. Don't go there as bad atmosphere and nobody really managing the place. Customers not being looked after as I had to go and ask twice what was happening with our food!

1  Thank aimache
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Just had what passes for lunch in this city. Obviously a tourist draw as close to the colleges but unfortunately little regard is paid to passing trade. Not only did the server try to add £10 to the bill (paid upfront, no receipts given. Nice little scam Young's staff seem to be operating) but the food (not dissimilar to standard Wetherspoons type fare) was extremely poor. Quite a feat to be able to transfer fish and chips from a freezer and make it unpalatable. My friend sent it back for a second to arrive in the same sorry state. I had a scotch egg comprised of almost raw sausage meet and a bullet of an egg. Frankly I feel sick now. We abandoned the food and sat outside so I could finish my glass of Malbec and eat the cake that my pal had made. I told one of the staff to pass my message on to the chef that he cannot @@@@ing cook and left. Vile and nasty

2  Thank Tyreecat