“best couscous in Oxford”
Review of Cous Cous Cafe

Cous Cous Cafe
Ranked #109 of 712 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Moroccan
Reviewed 6 March 2016

The manager is adorable, the food is delicious, the place is very cozy and the staff is always smiling. It's always a pleasure to go have a couscous there, definitely lives up to my expectations as North African myself! They also server other specialties from Morocco and North Africa.
I've been a loyal customer here for the past 4 years or so!

1  Thank kaouchips

Reviewed 8 February 2016

Wow, the panini here is great! Also the shake's are awsome. Very cool place too, and great for a brunch/lunch/snack. Very good value, thumbs up from me.

1  Thank nikolainr1991
Reviewed 17 January 2016

If you look at my profile you will see I am someone who loves his food and I do loads of reviews
This tiny restaurant may very well be an unrecognised gem! The Lamb tagine was the tastiest and most perfect I have ever eaten. It was soft beautifully flavoured and seriously hot (still bubbling when it arrived) served with perfect bread.
We had a Turkish coffee afterwards again amongst the best I have drunk and delightful baklava
It hasn't got a huge menu, which isperfect as it concentrates properly on its food.
Spoke to owner who is hugely passionate about his food, telling us that just after it opened a customer ordered a dish with a very weird non traditional combination and they pride themselves on an authentic Moroccan experience. The customer told the owner what they wanted he went back to the kitchen and his mum refused to provide it! I was so impressed with that belief in what they do, it is reflected in the cooking with REAL passion
REALLY worth a visit!

1  Thank Hoppityskip
Reviewed 17 January 2016 via mobile

Great great food, healthy, varied, different, and pretty cheap! Lentil soup amazing, perfect for lunch and better by far than any chain

Reviewed 21 November 2015

Intimate interesting place & owner lively with receptive sense of humour. Remembered us on 2nd visit. Food range not vast but enough choice & very fresh. Went 3 times, so clearly was good.