“Our new go-to place for breakfast”

Cote Brasserie - Oxford
Ranked #55 of 729 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our inspiration for the food and design of Cote is a modern interpretation of the many famous bistros of Paris. Inspired by new trends, we are dedicated to serving authentic classic brasserie dishes with a modern twist, using high quality produce at great prices. On the menu, guests will always find brasserie favourites on our a la carte menu such as steak frites, moules marinieres, corn-fed chicken from rural Brittany and tuna Nicoise, for dessert, Cote's creme caramel and creme brulee are much-loved house specialities. Seasonality and Cote's commitment to sourcing high-quality ingredients results in a monthly changing specials menu, ensuring there is always something new to delight regular guests and gastronomes alike, as well as the excellent value set menu. Open early every day for breakfast, through to lunch and dinner; Cote's atmosphere is informal and friendly
Reviewed 24 February 2018

We usually go to Wetherspoons for breakfast when staying in Oxford, but there were no tables this time, so we went down the road to Cote - and went back every morning during our stay. The breakfast menu is interesting and not too expensive. The service was friendly and efficient. I love the freshly squeezed orange juice, among everything else.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,130)

Reviewed 22 February 2018

The ambience is nice and so are the staff, its part of a chain but you wouldn't know it. We really enjoyed our supper and got to the theatre on time so what more could you ask for: oh yes, reasonable price - YES!

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

I’m a fan of the Cote chain, they can be relied upon as a safe bet where ever you go.
The Oxford branch was a little disappointing, front of house was good, but the rest of the service was a little lacking. Food was ok, but is it my imagination or are portions being reduced while prices remain the same?

Reviewed 22 February 2018

I enjoyed the three-course set menu last night with colleagues- overall the meal was fantastic value for money for £13.50 a head, would highly recommend!

I ordered the moules frites and was disappointed to find that about a third of the shells were empty, with no mussels to be found at the bottom of the dish. I raised my concern with the waitstaff, who promptly arranged for me to be cooked a whole new portion, no queries. The complaint was handled without fuss, and without making me feel awkward for having raised my concerns, overall an exemplary customer experience. Will definitely be back to dine again!

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Friends recommended Cote for a pre theatre / early evening meal and we were not disappointed. Just a short walk from The New Theatre Oxford, along the same road, made this the ideal place to eat before our show. Excellent value early evening menu - 2 course for £11.50 or 3 course for £13.50. Good selection of starters, mains and sweets to satisfy most tastes. We will definitely use this place again either pre show or to try the main evening menu. Worth booking as got busy but service very efficient.