“Cozy little cafe with really nice owners”
Review of Cafe Noir Wine Bar & Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cafe Noir Wine Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Hidden gem, fantastic food and service.
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We had a lovely dinner here last Friday night. It had a good atmostphere. The owners were really nice and went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. I had the lamb and aubergine kuresht that was very nice. We shared the cheesecake, which was the best cheesecake we'd had in a long time. We just moved to the neighbourhood so I think we'll be frequenting this place a fair bit.

2  Thank Georgia1212

Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

Had lamb and aubergine kuresht. Very nice. Good atmosphere. Malbec wine always good. Service was fine.

1  Thank 84fays
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Stopped in for a quick lunch a few Saturdays ago. Just had a couple of sandwiches and soft drinks but was very impressed with the freshness and quality of the food. It seemed as though this was a place where locals came to eat which I always view as a good sign. Would definitely visit again

Reviewed 8 March 2013

I go to cafe noire a fair amount, as live in the area. It's the first port of call for me if we want to go out for a relatively informal dinner. It's a little small inside, but the food is good (although I tend to have the same thing!), and good coffee and other drinks. The best thing about it is probably the service - the owners are incredibly friendly and go out of their way to make you feel welcome. there is also a pretty good wine selection.

I particularly recommend the beef stroganoff, which comes with the most amazing straw chips. I am almost incapable of ordering anything else whenever I go!

Reviewed 5 March 2013

I enjoyed well-cooked fish and top-notch risotto in this little boite. Very hospitable service, too, as friendly to me when I dined only on soup as when I'd ordered a whole meal. And that soup was tasty, too. I was traveling alone but noticed that it was very much a local favorite for meals with friends or just a glass of wine.