“Try the Iranian food. Lovely.”
Review of Cafe Noir Wine Bar & Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cafe Noir Wine Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Hidden gem, fantastic food and service.
Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

Had lamb and aubergine kuresht. Very nice. Good atmosphere. Malbec wine always good. Service was fine.

1  Thank Bookshelf_Elf

Reviewed 8 March 2013

Stopped in for a quick lunch a few Saturdays ago. Just had a couple of sandwiches and soft drinks but was very impressed with the freshness and quality of the food. It seemed as though this was a place where locals came to eat which I always view as a good sign. Would definitely visit again

Reviewed 8 March 2013

I go to cafe noire a fair amount, as live in the area. It's the first port of call for me if we want to go out for a relatively informal dinner. It's a little small inside, but the food is good (although I tend to have the same thing!), and good coffee and other drinks. The best thing about it is probably the service - the owners are incredibly friendly and go out of their way to make you feel welcome. there is also a pretty good wine selection.

I particularly recommend the beef stroganoff, which comes with the most amazing straw chips. I am almost incapable of ordering anything else whenever I go!

Reviewed 5 March 2013

I enjoyed well-cooked fish and top-notch risotto in this little boite. Very hospitable service, too, as friendly to me when I dined only on soup as when I'd ordered a whole meal. And that soup was tasty, too. I was traveling alone but noticed that it was very much a local favorite for meals with friends or just a glass of wine.

Reviewed 2 March 2013

Had coffee here many times and a couple of lunches. Very pricey for what it is. Dinner is way over-priced and lacking in quality. Starters seem interesting on the menu, but are dull. Squid in "crispy" coating was rubbery and separated from the coat, like it had been steamed or microwaved. The main lamb dish was bland and came with extraneous fat. The service was enthusiastic but ultimately useless. To get a drink it was best to go the bar and take things from there. Overall a really bad example of "UK" cooking, although the owners are Iranian. Perhaps just a lazy, complacent chef.

1  Thank Loanheidyin