De Vere Oxford Thames
Agoda.com
US$141
US$121
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Oxford(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$102
  • Pool
US$198
US$160
US$153
Premier Inn Oxford Hotel(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$96
PremierInn.com
1,324 results
All reviewsfour pillarsroom restaurantsister hotellovely hotelsauna and steam roomleisure centresecret escapesleisure clubmain restaurantrelaxing weekendspa facilitieswedding guestsdeluxe roombuffet styleshort breakreception areaenjoyable stay
Reviewed 14 March 2018

A friend had been given spa vouchers for this chain and she amazingly decided to share them with me as a birthday treat. We didn't stay at the hotel but we did use the facilities.
The spa treatments we had were so relaxing, I'm sure I fell asleep at one point! The surroundings are to die for and It is the most beautifully situated building. It definitely has the 'WOW' factor.
Would love to go back for an overnight stay just to soak up the full atmosphere of the place.

Stayed: September 2017
Elle G, General Manager at De Vere Oxford Thames, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Dear Kimberley B,
Thank you for your great review and I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit to the hotel and the spa facilities.
I shall pass on your comments to the team, who will be delighted to have been recognized and noted for their work. We shall look forward to hopefully welcoming you back for a longer stay at the hotel.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Second stay in this hotel on business. Lovely big room, very comfortable indeed! Made full use of the gym, pool and steam room. Young guy on gym/pool reception was very helpful and attentive! Check in was quick, reception staff friendly and welcoming. Breakfast selection good, staff friendly and prompt with bringing out the coffee which was appreciated as I had to be gone by 7:00am. Only disappointment was the bar meal I had. Chicken Caesar salad was limp and dripping in dressing ( lettuce had been tossed in dressing way before it hit my table) far to many whole anchovies (10) also the thick part of the chicken breast was pink. I ate a couple of mouthfuls and made a complaint to waitress when she came to clear who said she would pass comments on to the chef but didn’t come back to me with feedback. She was extremely busy as the bar was packed so I let it go. Oh, and the fire alarm activated just before midnight on the first night and I was the only person to follow the evacuation procedure ! I caused a stir re- entering the building in my pajamas while people in the bar continued to drink! On the whole, a very enjoyable stay! Will definitely return!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Elle G, General Manager at De Vere Oxford Thames, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Dear Anne S
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I am delighted you enjoyed the facilities of the hotel and found the staff to be personable and friendly - I will be certain to highlight this to them.
I will feed your comments directly back to the chef and monitor the quality of the food we are sending.
Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope we can look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Stayed for the weekend in March during Siberian snow blast with my wife and experienced a fantastic stay. The grounds are excellent with lots of green, river and it was full of snow during our time spent which made it even more cozy.
The hotel is elegant, a listed building and reception/lounge in an old lounge which is well maintained with open lit fire. The check in was quick, Nimisha served us who was very friendly and polite. The staff overall was polite and friendly.
The hotel has spa facilities, restaurant and ample parking. The room was excellent we loved it, very clean, hygienic, comfy bed, fridge, tea/coffee maker and a safe. Its very elegantly furnished and had a view of the river.
We went for our anniversary and were greeted at the reception and restaurant where our table was surprisingly decorated with confetti and glasses of Perseco and bottle of wine in the room.
The food was tasty along with breakfast with decent variety.
Overall it was a relaxing stay and would visit again.

Just a minor feedback, plates at breakfast needs to be given additional attention as we found lot of plates were not clean as had food stuck on them but wont deter us from visiting again.

Room Tip: River view
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank upg_uk
Elle G, General Manager at De Vere Oxford Thames, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear upg_uk
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. The team work hard to make the guest journey as memorable as possible and they will be delighted to have been noted for this, and I will be sure Nimisha gets personal noted for your kind praise.
I will be discussing the plates at breakfast with the restaurant management team as I am sure this can be easily rectified.
Thank you again for your review and I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in slightly better, warmer climes!

Reviewed 12 March 2018

We arrived at the hotel a little early and fortunately our room was ready and we could check-in which was great. Our room was in the older part of the hotel, which was lovely and full of character, although the stairways were full of dirty trays and glasses and the stair carpet was covered in mud and dirt, not great first impressions. We got to our room which was a good size although, I would not say it was spotlessly clean. There was shower gel on the inside of the bath and a big cobweb in the corner of the bathroom window which looked like it has been there for a while. The bath plug must have been blocked as the water took a while to go down when having a shower. My husband used the gym which looked quite small however, there was enough equipment to have a decent workout. The changing rooms were filthy and had not been cleaned in a while. The floors were covered in dirt and mud. My husband attempted to have a shower in there after the gym and decided to come back to the room for a shower instead due to the uncleanliness of the floors and showers in the changing rooms. We went for dinner at the restaurant and even though the menu looked great, the service was extremely slow and frustrating. We arrived at 8:30pm and were shown straight to our table. Half an hour had gone by and still no-one had come over to ask us what we would like to drink. We had tried to catch the waiters attention during the wait but they were avoiding eye contact. In the end my husband went over to the front desk to ask if we could order some drinks please. He said he would send someone over shortly. 10 mins later a waiter came over to finally take our order. The food was great although the starter came out lukewarm and had obviously been in the kitchen for a while waiting to be brought out. When leaving the restaurant we were asked by the manager to make payment for the wine. We did not have our cards on us and we asked if we could charge it to the room. He called reception and they were arguing between themselves on the phone in front of us. When he put the phone down to reception he asked us to go to the reception desk and they can charge the drinks to our room. The receptionist said that she could not charge payment to our room. After a lengthy conversation and explaining our frustrations to the receptionist about our whole dining experience they said the wine would be complimentary. I could not say we had a relaxing weekend at this hotel, we were glad to go back home and relax from this frustrating experience.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms in the new part of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lcs1232018
Elle G, General Manager at De Vere Oxford Thames, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Dear lcs1232018
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and it goes without saying that we are disappointed not to have met your expectations I so many areas of the hotel - the team here at De Vere Oxford Thames strive to uphold the very best standards in product and service and it appears we have fallen short on this occasion.
I am pleased we were able to check you in early. We offer check in form 3pm as standards as we can ensure the rooms and pubic areas are ready from this time - where possible we will check in guests early, however this can mean that the public areas and corridors are not completed as there is still cleaning taking place around the hotel in preparation although I agree this can result in not being the best first impression.
I will address your comments in regards to the cleanliness in the bedroom and the leisure department directly with the team - as I say the team to strive to uphold the very best in standards and your feedback will allow them to take the relevant steps to ensure your experience is not repeated.
Again, I am sorry your dining experience missed the mark in terms of service, and with the billing and that reception were able to resolve this for you, I will of course be discussing this with the relevant teams to ensure we are better handling these situations in the future.
We do have a Duty Manager on site 24 hours a day, and I am sorry you did not feel you were able to discuss your issues with them directly, as I am confident had the team been aware of the disappointments they would have done everything possible to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
Thank you again for your feedback, and please be assured your comments will be discussed and any relevant steps made to improve the service offered at the hotel.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

This hotel was hard to find in a tucked away location. It looked beautiful from the outside and is in a lovely setting with well tended grounds stretching down to the Thames. We were on our honeymoon. The reception staff were helpful and friendly as were all staff. The bar and lounge with its welcoming log fire were picturesque and well appointed. However we had to wait a little longer than we expected to check in. When we got to our ground floor room with direct access to the grounds we found it to be a large room with a very large bed and all the comforts you would expect. However the bathroom was small, the bath was high, there were no rails to help you get in and out and the shower was inside the quite difficult to access bath. Unless you are very young and fit which we are not. We booked dinner in the restaurant on the first evening. Bad choice no one told us we needed to book, for a Sunday evening in winter and we had to wait for a table, good service was offered and a varied menu. However the portions were miniscule the room was cold and the price was a total rip off. On the second night we found the bar menu to seem much more substantial and very well populated. However our troubles were with our room. We were in our room watching television on the first evening, when we got a phone call saying someone on the floor above had complained and asking us to turn the television volume down. We did so to such an extent that my husband had to put on the subtitles to understand what was going on. Suddenly we heard a very loud bang from above and within minutes a member of staff was at our door again saying a complaint had been made and would we turn the TV down. We invited the member of staff in to listen and he agreed the TV was not loud. I was very upset and wanted to leave the hotel. However we turned the TV off and made the best of it. After a very poor buffet breakfast we went to reception to find out what they would do about our room. I must say they were on top of the situation. They had spoken to the other guest in terms of "old building wooden floors" he agreed he was a light sleeper and was agreeable to be moved to a quieter area of the hotel. We continued our stay, on the second day the breakfast was better. All in all a lovely setting, hotel great potential but not a good place to start married life for us a disappointment.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Elle G, General Manager at De Vere Oxford Thames, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Dear eileenbrooker27,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I am pleased you enjoyed many aspects of your stay with us at the hotel and will be sure to pass this on to the relevant team members and departments.
I was made aware with the issues in regards to the noise complaints from other hotel residents from our hotel Duty Manager once you had spoken with them, and apologize this negatively impacted on your stay with us. As I am sure you can appreciate the team do investigate any complaint we have, and it is not always within our control, however we do try to rectify situations when the arise as best as possible and I am pleased this was evident.
Thank you again for your feedback, and may I take this opportunity to wish you congratulations on your recent marriage.