“not quite as good as the usa but a good effort go hungry”

Oxford Blue Smokehouse
Ranked #133 of 673 Restaurants in Oxford
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Authentic American Smokehouse serving homemade burgers, tender steaks and a wide range of meat smoked from 12 - 24 hours. With a fully stocked bar, a variety of cocktails, a fridge full of American bottled beers and even more ales, lagers and ciders on tap, along with many more mocktails, milkshakes and massive challenges; there's nowhere better to release your inner carnivore. Herbivores however, are also both welcome and well catered to, with Chef's Specials, burgers and the best Mac & Cheese in Oxford.
Reviewed 12 June 2017

firstly let me just say the opening times/hours on here and google are incorrect they open at 4pm weekdays not the advertised times just for information

we went here for the wife's birthday managed to park across the street im sure parking at busy times would be an issue

the waitress was very friendly and service was great no issues there

the food was good i am a big eater and we didn't bother with starters so the other half had the brisket pulled pork and burnt ends combo with sweet potato fries i had chicken beef ribs and pulled pork combo all good the pulled port was very tasty brisket tender overall food was good great choice of drinks cocktails and chocolate bar milkshake very novel idea pick a bar from the box and they make a milkshake with it the peanut butter and chocolate brownie was the best my wife has had anywhere all in all great meal will return soon

the only thing a bit odd was no BBQ sauces on the tables you have to buy those extra i think the should be on the tables as they are in all American BBQ joints Ive been to in the USA

1  Thank jasonval

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

Very good service and everyone enjoyed their food! I think the starters are a bit over priced but nice place. No parking which is a shame but will return

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I visited on a busy Friday night. We were a tiny bit late but we're still asked to wait for our table. I tiny bit annoying but once the manager came out she sat us immediately. Not sure if there was a slight mix up of the tables but thankfully it was rectified quickly.

Drinks came quickly and starters fairly quickly. I had the the mac n cheese balls and he the squid. Both delicious and perfect portion size considering what was to come.

I had the ribs combo, all cooked to perfection. Finished it all feeling full and satisfied but not stuffed. My boyfriend had a double big daddy burger with chilli cheese fries. Probably didn't need the double as he was rather stuffed. Again all the meat was cooked perfectly.

Good side dishes of fries and onion strings too.

Didn't have pudding as we were drinking and didn't want to push ourselves over the edge.

My only complaints would be the noise (it's not romantically quiet ) but this does mean you can get some juicy conversations on the go as you know no ones listening. Always a sunny side. Also the main took a bit too long to come out but considering it was busy it wasn't too slow.

Thanks for another tasty meal!

Reviewed 18 May 2017

Nachos are made from fried bread and Chicken was bone dry, we complained and received £4 off our £50 bill from a moody waitress

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Birthday meal for my daughters 18th. Hot wings to start which had obviously been microwaved followed by link sausages pulled pork and ribs served with fries and slaw. Fries are of the frozen bagged variety and the slaw very dry, pulled pork tasty and moist the ribs also good but served lukewarm. My daughter had the bavette steak which was very dry and chewy. Overall not great, you would be very disappointed even if you were paying half the price. To lighten things up a bit the the staff were friendly, polite and helpful. To avoid disappointment don't bother going.