“Best lamb curry”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 29 September 2015

Service was excellent, atmosphere was pleasant, and the special Bangladeshi lamb curry was stupendous. Really friendly wait staff, and very reasonable prices.

Reviewed 19 September 2015

Great takeaway- really really delicious food, which tastes fresh and moreish. The restaurant itself is nice too, and the special dishes available only when you dine in are certainly not to be missed!

Reviewed 14 September 2015

My wife and I visit about once a fortnight. Usually around 6pm. Not a convenient time for some, I know. Relatively quiet and great personal service. The gaffer could not be more pleasant. Food is consistently good. Anyone coming on here and slagging off Majliss and Aziz has clearly got a hidden agenda. Take no notice. We went there after a recommendation and never regretted it. I would like to do the same.

1  Thank Rita C
Reviewed 27 August 2015

This was not my first visit in Majliss. I love to go here any time I’m in mood for Indian food. Mr. L. Miah and his team are always super friendly and extra helpful. The naan bread is superb– I don’t think I’ve ever eaten rice in this restaurant as I am in love with the naan bread that they serve here.
Definitely worth trying out if you are around.

2  Thank Katarína Č
Reviewed 12 August 2015

Before we go on a trip I always print out the information (from Trip Advisor) for restaurants in the city or area of city where we are staying. I look at the reviews and make notes for the ones that might be options to try. We look at the restaurant from the outside but also ask locals for recommendations in the area. Majliss was highly recommended to us by 2 different people we met. The night we wanted to test it out was a Friday. We ordered a meal to take out and bring back to the flat. We wanted to try something basic so chose the Chicken and Mushroom Curry with white rice and poppadums. Everything was absolutely delicious! The curry had fabulous flavor and is one of the best curry dishes I've ever had. Although it was supposed to be "mild" I'd rate it "medium" as it had a definite kick, but in a good way. The garlic dipping sauce for the poppadum was wonderful. We regret we never had time to go back for a second meal.