“Fun Place with Excellent Food”
Review of The Folly

The Folly
Reserve with OpenTable
The Folly is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 729 Restaurants in Oxford
Price range: US$26 - US$52
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Folly restaurant occupies a unique riverside position in the heart of Oxford. Our restaurant provides simply served, excellently cooked dishes crafted from the freshest seasonal ingredients. The restaurant's terrace floats on the waters of the River Thames as she runs gently under Folly Bridge. Inside we give a warm welcome throughout the year and offer relaxed drinks and dining from Sunday lunch to Saturday cocktails and everything in between.
Reviewed 17 October 2016

I went to The Folly last Saturday with some girlfriends. We tried the cocktails which were very different and tasted delicious. The food is imaginative and well presented. The staff were very obliging and helpful. Although it was a very busy night our food was not delayed. The chairs could be more comfortable but the restaurant looks lovely at night. I ate there in the summer and thoroughly enjoyed it, so I was pleased to find the food was as lovely as my first visit. Would thoroughly recommend but best get a taxi there and back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,045)

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Went for Sunday lunch having found the restaurant by internet search. From the outside it looks like a basic riverside café however once inside you find a very pleasant restaurant setting.

I could not fault the food, it was absolutely delightful. We had 3 courses, around £32/head. The flavours were stunning and the portions plentiful. If I had any negative comment it would be the length of time it took between courses however we were in no hurry and it was a great way to spend 3 hours. This is not fast food, everything is cooked fresh to order but it is 100% worth the wait.

Will definitely go back here the next time we are in Oxford. Top tip - ask for a table by the window.

Reviewed 15 October 2016

Excellent menu. Beautifully prepared and presented. Service and staff were just great.I arrived early and was made comfortable in a sitting area in the bar with a very nice coffee. Table was thoughtfully selected with a view of the river. All six of us thoroughly enjoyed our meal.

Reviewed 14 October 2016

I was given a voucher as a birthday present, having never visited before I was excited and curious. What a wonderful treat this was. The staff were very attentive without being overbearing, the atmosphere was very relaxed and we were not hurried. We had a table by the window and overlooked the river. The afternoon tea spread one of the best I have had - and there have been a few! The sandwiches were fresh and delicious, the deserts yummy and the scones were light and full of fruit with ample jam and cream. The very generous size glasses of prosseco and the rich roast coffee (I am not a great tea drinker) finished the whole thing off. Would recommend The Folly to anyone wanting an afternoon tea experience if you are in the area. The food menu looked exciting and tasty too, will definitely return on our next visit to Oxford.

1  Thank ljkr
Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

I went there with my family for lunch, the food was good, not great for sure. Quite pricey, but the ambience was great. Don't think I'll visit again.