Holiday Inn Oxford
Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Oxford
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I stayed two nights at this hotel in January 2012. I made a mistake when I made the booking. I booked 24 and 25 of January when in fact I intended to stay 25 and 26. Clearly it was my fault. But I was disappointed by the fact that the staff didn't do much to help. I ended up paying for three nights. On top of that the hotel charged the full fare GDP 151 for the third night which is clearly too much for this type of hotel. I would have hoped for a more commercial attitude..

• Stayed: January 2012
HolidayInnOxford, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Thank you for your comments posted on Trip Advisor. It was unfortunate that you made yor reservation for the incorrect dates and I am sorry that there was nothing that we could do on this occasion.
I hope that you will visit us again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,127)

Reviewed 26 January 2012

This hotel is reasonable value for people needing to be near Oxford. I expected average food from a Holiday Inn but it was a lovely set menu in the evenings with good choice, and the breakfast was good but by 8am a lot of the food was gone so be careful. The room was very nice and spacious, however I was in a room near the laundry I think, so it was quite noisy. I would recommend this for overnight stays but probably not for a break away.

Room Tip: Be careful not to get a room near the lifts, as these seem to be near something quite noisy (I assum...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
HolidayInnOxford, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Thank you for your complimentary review posted on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Oxford.
I was pleased to read that you liked our rooms and facilities and that you enjoyed your meal in our Restaurant. I am sorry that there was a noise issue on this occassion and should you visit us again in the future please do not hesitate to ask to speak to the Duty Manager as we have one on duty at all times.
Thank you.

Reviewed 19 January 2012

The hotel is located just off the main road into Oxford and offers free parking. The room is nice, clean and well-equipped. The staff were very friendly and helpful: they gave us tips on dining in Oxford as it was our first visit there. For a large chain hotel, their service exceeded our expectation.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tyhon
HolidayInnOxford, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2012

Thank you very much for your kind comments posted on Trip Advisor following your stay at the Holiday Inn Oxford. It is always a pleasure to read such complimentary feedback and I am glad that you enjoyed your first visit to Oxford.
I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future when we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 16 January 2012

Typical Holiday Inn; very clean, well presented and helpful staff. We went to the complex next door for dinner and were happy with that. The rooms were quiet, beds typically Holiday Inn firm.

Room Tip: See if you can get a room which doesn't face the front carpark or else don't plan to open th...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
HolidayInnOxford, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2012

Thank you very much for your recent review regarding the Holiday Inn Oxford. I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit and thank you for your complimentary remarks relating to our staff and facilities.
Thank you and I do hope that you will visit us again.

Reviewed 6 January 2012

Room was clean and well equipped, staff were excellent and nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was average but staff again excelled and were attentive and very pleasant.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Jane B
HolidayInnOxford, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2012

Thank you for your comments posted on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Oxford. It is always a pleasure to receive such complimentary feedback and I do hope that you will visit us again in the near future. Your comments have been shared with the team.
Thanks once again.