“I would not recommend it to my worst enemy!”
Review of Verde Pizzeria and Trattoria - CLOSED

Verde Pizzeria and Trattoria
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Good for: Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: At Verde Pizzeria & Trattoria we are passionate about our family-run Italian restaurant and providing quality cuisine using recipes passed down from our ancestors.We strive to always provide exemplary service and to really listen to what you tell us. ​Verde offers its fresh hand made food to families, friends, students, couples, groups or individuals! ​​Visit us to enjoy our Italian dishes made by hand in our open kitchen!Check out website where you can find a range of offers and you can even book online!Your Verde Team
Reviewed 26 May 2015

I don't acutally know where to start.
This place looks ok from the outside, but once you are in and order your food you will sonn realize that you have made a big mistake in wasting your time in coming here. This so called "italian Trattoria" is not even run by italians so I don't understand the point in the first place. The food is just horrible. Pizzas are undercoocked and every pasta dish has chicken in it (something never ever seen in italy) The personal is very rude and they make you feel like as you are making them a favour in coming in (normally they say the client is king) but here it is the other way around. In every italina trattoria, pizzeria or ristorante you will get at least a digestive afterwards, but here even if you spend houndreds of pounds they will make you pay for it. But now comes the best part. One of my friends left a review short after our visit, and he has been contacted privately twice by the chef and in the second mail was even threaten and insuted racistly. There are many nice restaurants in Oxford, this is Clearly not one of them. So if you want to eat italian, look somewhere else please.

3  Thank Roman H

Reviewed 25 May 2015

Stumbled across this restaurant whilst looking for somewhere to eat. Lovely atmosphere with a warm welcome. The menu was like every other Italian - nothing to write home about. We both chose to have a pizza which were both nice. The bill only came to £20 which also included two drinks. I would recommend this restaurant for a bite to eat, but I would say there are better Italian restaurants in oxford.

Reviewed 9 May 2015

It was almost the only italian restaurant we found on Cowley Road since I wanted a good pizza.
We arrived at precised 10pm, the time they're supposed to close, but with just a little of insistance, we've been gently accepted and could have a very good dinner.
The card of pizzas is long enough to find the right combination you want, but not too much as to be lost in.
Sharing two pizzas with my friend, I could try two different which were both very good. But my favourite one was the one with artichauke! Delicious! The other one was with mushrooms and a little spicy! My only regret was the base, which was not very thin and crunchy like I love... But all the rest was perfect!
About the prices, about £8-10 per pizza, it's very correct.

The only default was the staff who was waiting for the closing time : even if they left us and the other last customers finish without hurge us, they were clearly bored and all in the room, looking at us, which is not very professional I think...
But I would like to go back though!

1  Thank Anne_francesa
Reviewed 31 March 2015

Nothing wrong with the place. Nice food, good service. Fairly bland stylistically and not massively memorable, but it's worth visiting if you're in the mood for Italian.

Reviewed 31 March 2015

We've eaten here a couple of times when visiting our daughter and have enjoyed both meals. I'm not an expert, but the food seems genuinely Italian, the service is cheerful and the atmosphere good.

Reasonably priced too.