“Great for lunch...”

Verde Pizzeria and Trattoria
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Good for: Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Verde Pizzeria & Trattoria we are passionate about our family-run Italian restaurant and providing quality cuisine using recipes passed down from our ancestors.We strive to always provide exemplary service and to really listen to what you tell us. ​Verde offers its fresh hand made food to families, friends, students, couples, groups or individuals! ​​Visit us to enjoy our Italian dishes made by hand in our open kitchen!Check out website where you can find a range of offers and you can even book online!Your Verde Team
Reviewed 25 May 2015

Stumbled across this restaurant whilst looking for somewhere to eat. Lovely atmosphere with a warm welcome. The menu was like every other Italian - nothing to write home about. We both chose to have a pizza which were both nice. The bill only came to £20 which also included two drinks. I would recommend this restaurant for a bite to eat, but I would say there are better Italian restaurants in oxford.

Date of visit: May 2015

Reviewed 9 May 2015

It was almost the only italian restaurant we found on Cowley Road since I wanted a good pizza.
We arrived at precised 10pm, the time they're supposed to close, but with just a little of insistance, we've been gently accepted and could have a very good dinner.
The card of pizzas is long enough to find the right combination you want, but not too much as to be lost in.
Sharing two pizzas with my friend, I could try two different which were both very good. But my favourite one was the one with artichauke! Delicious! The other one was with mushrooms and a little spicy! My only regret was the base, which was not very thin and crunchy like I love... But all the rest was perfect!
About the prices, about £8-10 per pizza, it's very correct.

The only default was the staff who was waiting for the closing time : even if they left us and the other last customers finish without hurge us, they were clearly bored and all in the room, looking at us, which is not very professional I think...
But I would like to go back though!

Date of visit: May 2015
1  Thank Anne_francesa
Reviewed 31 March 2015

Nothing wrong with the place. Nice food, good service. Fairly bland stylistically and not massively memorable, but it's worth visiting if you're in the mood for Italian.

Date of visit: September 2014
Reviewed 31 March 2015

We've eaten here a couple of times when visiting our daughter and have enjoyed both meals. I'm not an expert, but the food seems genuinely Italian, the service is cheerful and the atmosphere good.

Reasonably priced too.

Date of visit: March 2015
Reviewed 7 March 2015

Have eaten in and had takeaway from Verde many, many times and the pizza is incredible. 'Verde Special' is a particular treat! The service when we have eaten in has always been excellent and the takeaway is always ready within 15 mins (even on Friday and Saturday night), hot and as good as eating in.
I have eaten at Atomic Pizza and Mario's and their pizzas are just not as good (despite popular rumour!).
Will always recommend Verde to anyone looking for food on Cowley Road.

Date of visit: March 2015