“Ladies do lunch”

Cuisines: European, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Lovingly handmade cakes
Reviewed 27 August 2018

This was my fist time at Patisserie Valerie and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Polite, helpful and efficient staff. Restaurant clean, tidy and comfy and you weren’t rushed. You can order whilst sitting at the table and even pay at your table. Nothing was too much trouble and the all day breakfast was hot and delicious and came very quickly. Pot of tea was tea leaves and not tea bags and was full of flavour. Thank you for a lovely lunch.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

We visited this cafe during mid-afternoon. Although fairly busy, there were tables free. After waiting a while, my wife decided to go and ask for a menu. Our order was then taken relatively quickly by a pleasant waitress. We both ordered coffee, my wife ordered muffins, and I ordered a croque monsieur; I was advised that my snack could take 15 minutes to arrive, which was acceptable.
Our coffee arrived, and it tasted great ...........
But nothing else happened. We waited and waited.
Another couple arrived, took their seats at the next table, and quietly waited. And waited. Eventually they gave up and left. No one appeared to notice.
Our food still didn't arrive. Thirty minutes after placing our order, and having lots more to do that afternoon, we too gave up, paid for our coffee, and left.
As we were leaving, the food appeared. Too late.
The owners need to understand that most visitors to this great city have a very busy schedule, and deserve a lot better.

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

I was very disappointed with this Oxford tea shop. I didn't think the 2 waiters were very professional and not really helpful. I was charged for 2 separate teas and cake rather than tea for 2 and 2 cakes. £14.20 is not cheap for a bad experience. This shop is nowhere as good as the Canterbury branch which has a good atmosphere and a relaxing feel.
It wouldn't be a place I would go back to, if in Oxford again

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Another trip to Oxford and lunchtime we always head here.
Staff are fantastic, friendly, always happy to help.

Placed our order.. staff always making sure everything is to our requirements and that we are happy..

Didnt eat all out cakes as we was so full, friendly staff boxed them up and let us take them home.

Wish i could give more than 5 stars..

Will be back next month when i stay in Oxford again.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Just stopped in for coffee was greeted by guy who took my order while he sitted me. Excellent service. Coffee is gd food looks amazing. Will come again with more time to try food.