1,236 results
All reviews high street car park privilege room examination schools merton college marco pierre white old building central location third floor excellent location per day eggs benedict no lift breakfast was excellent comfortable hotel two night stay centre of town
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Conveniently located in the centre of Oxford, the Mercure Eastgate is easy to find. Check-in was simple and easy and the staff friendly and helpful.

The hotel is nicely decorated and blends old coaching inn charm with all the features of a modern hotel. The rooms are a good size and are clean and well furnished.

The bar stays open late for residents and the food and drink are of a high standard.

Highly recommended hotel in the heart of Oxford.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
ManagerOxford, General Manager at Mercure Eastgate Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Adam H

Thank you very much for your kind words, a great morale boost for the whole and very appreciative.

I was pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay and the hotel, Oxford is a busy student city however full of history and a brand new shopping centre helps one decide what to do on any one day.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, and we trust you had a safe journey home.

general Manager

Reviewed 2 March 2018

The hotel is easy to find and very convenient for the centre of Oxford. Its a ten minute walk to the New Theatre and the Westgate Shopping Centre. We were on the top (3rd) floor facing out onto the main road. Despite that its pretty quiet. If you fancy a good breakfast but don't want to eat in the hotel, there's an excellent coffee house almost opposite. The restaurant attached to the hotel was reasonably priced and the evening meal was very good. We stayed during bitterly cold weather and the radiators were in need of bleeding. I'm not sure the young lady receptionist knew what I was talking about, but by the time we returned from our evening at the theatre there was a heater placed in the room. All in all it was very well done. There is a car park on site which charges £20 per night. Oxford being Oxford with its attitude to the car driver, that's not unreasonable

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Suffolk Punch Slough

Thank you for your kind really appreciated and a great morale boost for the team.

I do apologise for the lack of heat in your bedroom, I am afraid my maintenance engineer was all geared up that week to go round the whole hotel and check every radiator prior to the weekend however he had a small operation on his back the week before and he ended up having to take a couple of extra days of as he could not bend or drive to work, and he lives quite a distance outside Oxford. He is now back at work and has managed to check every single radiator throughout the building, I am so sorry for any inconvenience.

Oxford is a vibrant city, full of history and the various clleges of Oxford university, I was pleased you had enjoyed your time here.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

With best wishes

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

The plus points include a delicious breakfast, variety to choose from. The location is central and High Street has lots of options for a places to eat. The staff were very friendly and provided a clean, warm environment.

The not great points were I was in a single room, 3rd floor and there was a faint sound of a boiler or heating system which kept me awake for some time, I couldn’t be bothered to request change of room.

Getting my car out of the car park too nearly 30 minutes the next day which again wasn’t ideal but handy parking facility.

Trip type: Travelled on business
ManagerOxford, General Manager at Mercure Eastgate Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Dear Maskins

Thank you very much for your recent review, I was pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay.

I do apologise for the noise that may have kept you awake, I have asked our engineer to have a good look on the third floor for any excess noise, I am afraid with the present climate we are experience our boilers, frigeration system and electical machines are all working at full capacity to ensure the hotel is warm and welcoming.

I do apologise for the delay in exiting your car from the car park, we do have the odd time when a car has been moved and the key has been placed in the wrong number in the car key box, I am so sorry.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

With best wishes

Reviewed 18 February 2018

My daughter and I stayed here for just over two weeks last summer while she studied at Oxford. The staff is friendly and accommodating and the hotel is quite historic and charming in nature. The location right on High Street is convenient as well. There a lovely large lobby lounge and nice restaurant to make your stay more comfortable and enjoyable. However, the rooms are tiny. We had to get very creative in storing our clothing and suitcases. The bathroom and shower are tiny as well. This may be a difference in hotel in Europe/Britain versus the US and maybe we were just caught off guard by it. It definitely took some getting used to. We didn't spend a ton of time in the room anyway as there is so much to see and do. It really is a charming hotel and, if you're not opposed to small rooms and bathrooms, then this would be a great choice for a nice hotel in a nice location right on High Street in Oxford.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
ManagerOxford, General Manager at Mercure Eastgate Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Dear Lynn R

Thank you very much for your kind review, I was pleased to note that you had enjoyed your stay and that the team had looked after you. I am afraid the hotel was originally four townhouses and now one building, which due to its age and structure has in some cases limited the size and space available in a few of the bedrooms, sorry.

Oxford is a beautiful city and full of history, we are ideally located in the centre surrounded by all the various college - a studious and vibrant city throughout the year.

I do hope we will have the pleasure in wlecoming you in the future, and I trust you had a safe journey back to the United States.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

The hotel was perfectly positioned for a stay in Oxford. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is clean and up to the normal excellent standards for an Accor hotel. The bar prices are fair. I was a little shocked to have a £20 bill for car parking presented to me as I was checking out as the reason I chose this hotel was for its own car parking. In conclusion - excellent stay apart from the car parking fees.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank davebK4342RY

Dear Dave bK4342RY

Thank you very much for your recent review, I was pleased to read that the team had looked after you and your kind words, a great extra and morale boost throughout the hotel.

I am afraid we do charge for parking as we are ideally located in the city and to assist with the maintaining of secure and safe car park, we do make a charge overnight and people who may wish to park and visit the city during the day. Oxford is also very limited in space and all parking throughout the city is chargeable.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.