“Lovely Jericho pub”
Review of The Anchor

The Anchor
Reserve with OpenTable
The Anchor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #139 of 729 Restaurants in Oxford
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Pub and Dining Room in the heart of Oxford's Jericho
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Perfectly located between Summertown and Jericho. The have a lovely terrace, perfect for Summer nights! The inside is really nice as well. Food is great and staff always very friendly.

Reviewed 9 October 2018

I have been here several times now and always come away feeling like I have been really treated. We eat all over Jericho & Oxford and the Anchor is a real hidden gem. It's just up the road from the main eateries in Jericho and well worth the short walk. Or you can drive if you are feeling lazy as unlike most places in the Oxford, it has a car park. The food is always great and mainly French/English inspired but with flare and a few things on the menu to surprise you. I hear the Sunday lunch is great too. The sensibly priced wine list is also rereshing for Oxford!

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Pub is excellent quality and service. Three of us all had different food and all 3 were great. I had the salad and it was great flavours. The beef and lamb roast also had clean plates. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

We took some Aussie friends out for lunch and this was the closest pub to where they were staying.

What can I say, food was awesome, service was great and a great pub to go with it.

One of the party had coeliac and they explained the menu very well. In fact just to be sure they cooked him fresh chips in a fresh pan of oil.

I had the lamb which was delicious.

Definitely recommended.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

I quite regularly visit The Anchor. The food is typically excellent. There is also a good wine list. However, I was disappointed with the service on my recent visit (hence the 4 stars). For example, we were not informed about the specials. Also, I was not asked about which chips I would prefer with my steak and the not inexpensive steak I ordered was served with skinny fries (salted) rather than the triple-cooked chips. The waiter didn’t ask how I would prefer the steak cooked. Nevertheless, this experience is the exception rather than the rule - and I will be returning to The Anchor.