“Birthday dinner.”

Rooftop Restaurant Ashmolean
Reserve with OpenTable
Rooftop Restaurant Ashmolean is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #112 of 713 Restaurants in Oxford
Price range: US$8 - US$26
Cuisines: French, Welsh
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Transit: A 10 minute walk from Oxford train station, and very close to Oxford bus station.
Description: A celebration of food and wine alongside art and culture. The Ashmolean Rooftop Restaurant provides the spectacular setting for Oxford's first and finest rooftop restaurant. Our menu is fresh, seasonal and inspired by current exhibitions.
Reviewed 18 February 2018

Was there on my birthday, and by coincidence, so were those at the neighbouring table. We had good service from an experienced Spanis waiter. Nice view. It was fairly empty and this made the large area seem a bit hollow, otherwise a positive experience.

Andrea T, Manager at Rooftop Restaurant Ashmolean, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Dear Vinod,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted you enjoyed your birthday dinner here with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Many Thanks

Write a ReviewReviews (1,132)

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We visited the Museum today for the Chinese New Year celebrations and had the most delicious lunch in the Rooftop Terrace.

Our waiter, Arcangelo, was very attendant. We had the mushroom risotto (fabulous depth of flavour) and chicken with celeriac.

Cooked to perfection and there’s a nice range of drinks.

Lovely views too- worth a visit for sure.

Dear Gemma,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am delighted you enjoyed the Chinese New Year here with us at the Ashmolean. I will be sure to pass on your review to both Arcangelo and the kitchen. Be sure to come back in the summer when we have the terrace open.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Visited the Rooftop Restaurant after walking around part of the Museum which in itself is fascinating and worth visiting. It is free just leave a donation.
Ordered lunch reasonably priced. Very impressed with the quality of the food and the service. What I particularly was impressed with was that the waitress knew who had ordered which meal - often doesn't happen in top restaurant sadly!
I would like to single out Paloma, a waitress but to be fair all the staff we came into contact were good. Highly recommended this venue.

Andrea T, General Manager at Rooftop Restaurant Ashmolean, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Dear Colin,

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted you enjoyed your time at the Ashmolean museum as well as the rooftop restaurant. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to both Paloma and the kitchen. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Outdoors when possible, but there was plenty of light coming through the full story glass panels on a gray and windy day. The pre-theater menu looked good (check the website), but our schedule permitted only a Saturday lunch in connection with our museum visit. Reservations were essential. The place was packed. We enjoyed our meals (one fish, one pasta), with cheery service by our young Italian waitress. The entrance is obscure, on the St. Giles St. side of the building--if you don't know it, get directions.

Dear mrsagf,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am delighted you enjoyed your time here with us. It can be tricky sometimes to find us, so i do apologise for this. I will be sure to pass on your review to the rest of the team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

They were really busy, but I was seated quickly as I was a single. The wait staff was really hustling and I didn’t wait too long for service and the food came in a totally acceptable amount of time. I had the pork chop, it was hot and delicious.. the salad was perfect with it.
This was a great place to have a really nice meal after spending some time in the exhibits downstairs.
Highly recommend

Dear Ann,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are all delighted you enjoyed your time here with us at the Rooftop restaurant. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.