“Fantastic Food and Service”
Review of George Street Cafe

George Street Cafe
Ranked #215 of 640 Restaurants in Oxford
Price range: US$4 - US$7
Reviewed 15 March 2017

I made my first visit to George Street Cafe today. I have lived in Oxford for many years and somehow this city center gem had been overlooked.

I work remotely and am always on the hunt for great internet access and a relaxed working environment. This place delivered on both fronts.

I had 2 perfectly made coffees from a clearly very experienced barista and enjoyed a breakfast special of tomatoes, avocado, and poached eggs on Rye toast. It was accompanied by a delicious sauce that I had not seen before. I spoke with the waiter who explained that it was something he had sampled in Thailand and subsequently put on the menu. It comes highly recommended!

The food was good value, the atmosphere was perfect for my needs and the staff were very helpful

There are newer reviews for George Street Cafe

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

This little cafe is my 'morning coffee to go' every day, today I decided to have lunch, poached egg on toast with bacon, avocado and tomato. It was delicious, cooked as I requested and presented really well, see pic, the service here is very friendly and welcoming and the food great. Check out the amazing cakes and cheesecake. A true gem on George Street.

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Came across this place when we were out in town shopping. Everything was really well priced, the staff were super friendly, and the breakfasts were tasted great. Especially if your vegetarian! If you like good coffee then the espresso from here is fantastic to. Will be back for sure.

Reviewed 11 March 2017

Exceedingly nice little cafe serving great cakes and reasonably priced decent coffee.
Great to have a choice of Gluten free cake and thankfully a de-caff coffee worth tasting.
Will definitely return.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

I went to this coffee shop with my family a couple of weeks ago. Two of us got the breakfasts and I got the pancakes. The breakfasts were really fresh and were delicious, the goat cheese panini was amazing and the pancakes with nutella, strawberry and banana... I have no words to describe them. We also got hot chocolates with cream and marshmellows... really tasty.
Apart from that the staff was very nice and kind with us. We will go back for sure!

1  Thank Naia B