“Very nice coffee”

Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

Had a quick visit here earlier this week and ordered a bacon sandwich and Cappuccino. The sandwich was the best I’ve had for ages and the coffee was very good too. Service was prompt as it wasn’t busy. Couldn’t really fault it.

Reviewed 26 April 2018

We called in here for a coffee and scone before doing a visit to Christ Church College and Cathedral. The coffee was lovely and the scones were good but I have yet to see the staff being friendly or helpful to anyone. There is also only one toilet for all their customers - not good for business.

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Less than 5 minutes walk from the new Westgate shopping centre this local independent is worth the extra steps. The breakfast special was cooked very nicely and a well filled breakfast bagel.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

My family were sitting down in the cafe part for lunch, i wanted to join them just for a drink. I went to the service desk and was told the minimum card spend was £3.50, and all drinks were less than this. The woman told me to go through to the takeaway part, where i could spend more on a snack so i could pay with card. After going through and ordering food, i was asked whether it was eat in or takeaway. I said eat in, as my family were already seated and almost finished eating. The employee told me very very rudely that I could only buy takeaway food there. I was told to go and sit down and await service (it was very busy on a hot sunday lunchtime, service would have taken ages, and my family were already eating). After politely asking could i just pay the service charge she said no, again very rudely. I paid for my food and tried to discreetly sit down (remember, i had tried to pay for the privilege and she said no!) and catch up with my family. The woman very very rudely came and SHOUTED at me for sitting down and said 'there's a charge for sitting here'. My family then had to ask to add the service charge on to their bill - which id already tried to pay - to get the waitress to stop shouting at me / asking me to leave. All in all they ruined a lunch with my family and I will never eat there again

Reviewed 19 April 2018

Whenever I pop into Cafe Loco it reminds me what proper customer service is, more akin that experienced in Europe rather than the typically unengaged waiters and waitresses of the UK. What's more, they don't just buy any old beans. Unlike other cafe owners, Graham can tell you exactly where his beans are from, and is properly invested in serving top-notch coffee.