“Great find”
Review of The Pickled Walnut

The Pickled Walnut
Ranked #218 of 742 Restaurants in Oxford
Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

I came across the Pickled Walnut randomly while walking along the Crowley Road with my son and daughter while we were debating where to eat. None of us at ever eaten at a Syrian restaurant and it looked buzzy and not too full so decided to try. We were immediately impressed - quickly met and shown to our table. The menu was interesting which a great range of starters , grills and main courses. There was also a good selection of vegetarian choices. We were not disappointed when the food arrived. Overall staff were friendly and efficient and prices were reasonable.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Have been three times now; excellent every time.The Teenagers love it as well!
Some of the best Middle Eastern food I've had in the UK. The dips with hard flat bread is a must. And the falafel... And everything else...

Reviewed 14 September 2018

Called in for one course as we were still full of ice cream.

Delicious food, unusual combinations.

Prompt and polite service.

Lots of vegetarian options.

Would go back.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

My favourite pre-concert restaurant. Food is really very good: wide variety of flavours, beautifully presented and well-motivated by the staff. I had fresh mint tea, a selection of four wonderful Syrian dips with satisfyingly crispy wafer-thin breads, then chicken with mhloukia (similar to spinach but deeper flavour). Generous portion, so I cheerfully took half of it home for lunch the next day - just as good!

Reviewed 12 September 2018

I had a light lunch, I can't remember what I ordered but I know it was tasty and I enjoyed it. The waiter was attentive and friendly. There were only 4 patrons during the lunch time opening.