“Was OK for the price”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 February 2011

Went to Prezzo for a friends birthday and it was fairly nice. So much choice for pasta, slightly too much in my opinion. A lot of the dishes seem to be very similar on changing a couple of ingreidents. This makes choosing a bit more difficult.

The pasta dishes were done (or finished at least) in a pizza oven for a nice authentic feel. The food was OK, I wasn't blown away by it, but it was decent value.

The service wasn't the most attentive. When they grated the extra cheese on my friends pasta, she wasn't really paying attention as she was talking and was left with a massive pile of cheese to fight through (common sense would surely mean the waitress would ask "IS THAT ENOUGH"?). When it came to my cheese, she didn't peel the plastic back far enough and I ended up with a couple of pieces of grated plastic wrapper on my plate.

If you're after decent Italian in Oxford, head to Jamie's. I'd say even Bella Italia or Ask would be a better choice.

Reviewed 25 January 2011

We have been here a few times and think this place is lovely.The food was gorgeous and the staff were really polite and helpful.The atmosphere is really nice too.
Hopefully we will be visiting again soon as we had a wonderful time on our last few visits!!

Reviewed 9 September 2010

Our first experience of a Prezzo restaurant and will go back when next in Oxford
The service was exceptional especially from our charming waitress.
Our meal was one of the best Italian meals we have had in the UK. Pleasant atmosphere.
Well done Oxford Prezzo

Reviewed 25 August 2009

We stopped here by chance 2 adults 3 children. We were well looked after with attentive service and a very well cooked lunch produced in good time. Nice decor and atmosphere in the vicinity of Oxford Castle.

Reviewed 1 September 2008

We found this really nice restaurant whilst walking around the town trying to find a nice place to eat on a Thursday night. The decor is very modern with very friendly staff.
To start with we ordered a nice bottle of Merlot which was only £15.00 and was very fruity and smooth. We then shared olives with Focaccia bread which came with olive oil for dipping.
For the main I went for the chicken and asparagus risotto which was really nice and the risotto was perfectly cooked and my boyfriend had the Penne al pollo zafferano (chilli’s spinach, garlic and saffron) which I had to try and it was really good, it had so much flavour with a little kick with the red chilli’s. Even though I liked my risotto I wish I had gone for that as it was so tasty!! We then had to try the deserts, so I went for a honeycomb cheesecake which was gorgeous, cheesecakes are my favourite and this was one of the nicest I have tried. My boyfriend had the sticky toffee pudding with ice cream and once again I had to try that and that was another tasty dish. We were so glad that we found this restaurant as town was so busy that night and we really fancied an Italian and didn’t think that we would get in anywhere so this was a real find and was very reasonably priced as the bill only came to around £53.00 which was really good for a city centre restaurant. I would highly recommend trying it especially being in that area as well as it had such a good feel about the place with it being in the castle walls.