“Not a place for a quick coffee”

Drifters Coffee House
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Description: Brother and Sister-in-Law duo Cam and Talia take two things seriously, and that’s coffee and connections. Split over two levels ‘Drifters’ is their ode to a creative caffeinated community who want their coffee with a side of no fuss honesty from a brand that’s homegrown. Retro games, homemade bakes, and good tunes are served up alongside top notch brews, in a environment that strives to be as plastic free as it can, making Drifters the ultimate feel good place to kick back and chill in a world dominated by throwaway chains!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Décor and ambience is impressive , even if I don't think food and drink mix with dogs. Sadly unable to comment on the coffee, as despite the place being half full and there being 3 girls behind the counter , I waited so long for my coffee order I had to cancel it.
Honestly If I had had an apology rather than the bemused looks I received I probably wouldn't have written this review.
With so many chains in Henley I had great hopes for this place. It's a shame we can't combine good service with good coffee ( presumably going by other reviews ) in the UK.
I won't be going back.

3  Thank LyndaF10

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

What can I say about this place? As I’m sure you’re all aware, Henley has an abundance of coffee shops (14 I believe..?), so I was thinking Drifters would just be like the rest of them, nothing too special, pretty much the same as the rest, but oh how wrong I was. The difference starts before you even get in the front door, with an eye catching window display. You come in the front door, there is a coffee station downstairs serving take away coffees for those in a rush (nice touch), along with a little shop section that sells independent and environmentally friendly products. Then you head upstairs and into the main cafe, where you are greeted with a burst of light from the huge windows and the smell of home baking. The team there are all friendly, they take your order and then bring it over to you once you get a table. The coffee is a lovely blend (blended locally in Marlow I believe) and has none of that weak, bitter taste that you get in chains like Starbucks and Costa. Then the food! I don’t eat meat, but this place caters for me easily. The day I came, they had a vegan curry on and my word, what a dish! Not only was it really tasty but it was also really filling, the perfect amount for lunch (meat eaters seem to think not eating meat leaves you hungry...?). It was served in a biodegradable dish, so you didn’t feel guilty about eating out of a throwaway dish. On my way out I grabbed a peppermint tea to go, which was served in a biodegradable takeaway cup, another plus for me. All these coffee chains takeaway cups should take a leaf out of Drifters book, as most of what you get at Costa and Starbucks can’t be recycled and ends up in landfill! Boooo! I was here with a few friends and we were kept well entertained, with the number of dogs in the place (it’s dog friendly btw) and the selection of board games to choose from (we went with the classic UNO). Sure Drifters may just be one out of 14 in Henley, but it is number 1 out of the 14 in Henley in my book. If you want just another standard coffee shop that is all nice and plays boring cafe music (Drifters music is top notch may I add) then by all means go to them. But if you want to go to a place that’s so different to the rest, cares about the environment and serves food that caters for everyone, head to Drifters. You won’t be disappointed!

5  Thank Callum H
Reviewed 5 April 2018

The coffee is amazing, and I really liked the music, the decor and the chilled out vibes of this place. Staff were friendly and laid back, and they are dog friendly, so will definitely be going back with my dog!! They have such a delicious cake selection, and all homemade which is always a massive plus

4  Thank Matt H
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

What a hidden gem! Located just off Henley high street, it's definitely one of the best coffee houses I've ever been too. Such a lovely ambience, food is amazing and great coffee too. Definitely worth a visit - you can even bring dogs!

4  Thank Lillie H
Reviewed 5 April 2018

If you're after a cute, cosy coffee house, then Drifters is for you! Gorgeous interior (an Instagrammers dream), delicious coffee and food and exceptional service. It's dog-friendly, too! It's the ultimate shopping pit stop or a great place to relax and unwind. I'll be back again!

4  Thank Jo C