“A very nice eatery...”
Review of Thai Shire

Thai Shire
Cuisines: Malaysian, Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A family run business serve you Thai Malaysian Chinese foods we love with truly Malaysian services.
Reviewed 31 August 2016

I saw this place on Trip advisor and decided to give it a go. Wow was I not lead up the garden path. The staff could not be more polite and friendly. The food is a mix of Thai, Malay and Chinese. My starter of Chicken satay was very nice but for me missing the sticky rice cubes. Peanut sauce was amazing. Next course was Chicken and sweet corn soup, just as expected and very wholesome. Main course was Pad Thai king prawn noodles and Char sui pork. The Pad Thai was more of a sweet and sour type sauce rather than the usual style I am used to with broken peanuts on the side, still very tasty. Char sui is more like my aunt makes then you would get in China Town London but still very tasty. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who likes eastern food and the choice is very good. I would recommend booking as it gets busy in the evenings.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Managed to find us a table as we hadn't booked. Extremely knowledgable about the menu, and very friendly with great rapport.

Great all-round

3  Thank Richy F
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

I'd echo previous reviewer ref they're brilliant customer service an attentive but Thai food Penang Curry a complete failure, slimy no flavour and limp and didn't resemble Thai Penang curry.
I'd say all else pretty good and reasonable cost but really it's Malaysian, Chinese food and we try to do Thai. Maybe be true to yourselves and rebrand but the Thai bandwagon is perhaps too profitable. I wish the guys luck n hope they take comments to improve on excellent team location etc. Perhaps rationalise the already massive menu.

1  Thank Kevin W
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Had a meal here with a friend recently. A very warm welcome on arriving. Given a nice table, some are a little cramped. Service was excellent throughout. But the food, just wow!

The only downer was me picking the wrong bottle of wine. Which was pretty revolting. But we sucked it up in true Brit style. My choice so can't my down for that. But avoid the New Zealand red.

A great evening. Good atmosphere. Truly awesome food!

2  Thank Steve H
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Always well treated here, very helpful when dealing with dietary idiocyncrasies ( bit ambitious trying to spell that!). Lovely food.

2  Thank JerryMcBoyd