“Really enjoyed the cake”
Review of The Tea Set

The Tea Set
Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

My husband is a bit fussy about his coffee so afraid he didn't give it a 10, he said he would go to Cafe Nero for coffee but we will return for the cake and he will have tea next time.

The chocolate and Guinness cake was particularly yummy.

I suggest staff make sure all tables have a full menu, our cake had arrived when we took the menu off the neighbouring table and saw they had sandwiches, wasn't aware so didn't order one.

£16 for the afternoon tea is a bit pricey, would rather pay a little more yo go somewhere special.

Did enjoy the cake though and recommend you try it.

VRWills, Owner at The Tea Set, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2016

Hi wmargaux

Thank you for your lovely review, I'm glad you enjoyed the chocolate and Guinness cake, it's a Nigella recipe! Sorry the coffee wasn't to your husbands taste, but hopefully that won't put you off visiting again

Reviewed 14 April 2016

We just stopped in as we were passing through and happened upon this lovely little tea room. It has a relaxed cafe feel with self seating, but the choice of teas and and cakes is extensive. Tea was served a traditional style with old tea pots and china. We shared a slice of the chocolate Guinness cake. It was so delicious that I begged for the recipe and they kindly sent it. I am sure I would become a regular customer if I lived nearby -- lucky for those who do!

Reviewed 6 April 2016

This is a superb tea rooms - with friendly smart staff, marvellous tea, coffee and cakes. I would highly recommend it.

There is one criticism however - which stopped me giving five stars. That illusive fifth star could be gained if the table layout was altered. There are too few tables and it can be difficult to get a seat at peak times. This could easily be solved by replacing the limited number of large tables (far too large) with more small tables for two, three and four chairs. This would benefit customers and the business - everyone would be a winner!

But other than that I cannot praise The Tea Set enough. Lovely china cups and saucers and nice coffee and tea pots too.

1  Thank Toad-in-Town
VRWills, Owner at The Tea Set, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2016

Hi Toad-in-Town
Thanks so much for your lovely review! We have taken on board your comments and have managed to get another table in! Hope to welcome you again soon

Reviewed 6 April 2016

Plenty of lovely food to chose from, big selection of leaf teas served in china teapots with china cups, friendly atmosphere. What's not to like?

1  Thank Sharon C
Reviewed 4 April 2016

Nice friendly welcome, very helpful staff couldn't do enough for us, food really good hit the spot enjoyable brunch