“Autumn evening trip to Beeston......”
Review of Korea House

Korea House
Ranked #85 of 1,471 Restaurants in Nottingham
Description: Korean BBQ restaurant. Table BBQ. Korean hotpot. Vegetarian options available. Gluten-free options available.
Reviewed 28 September 2016

I'm a great lover of Korean and Japanese food, so I recommended my friend to give it a try with me. She kindly offered to take me out for dinner has we'd not seen each other in ages. Whilst shopping around Beeston, we walked past Korea House and my friend liked the look of the place. It's clean, well lit and the music at the perfect volume.I just wish they were playing some K -Pop or authentic Korean music,not Michael Bublé! As soon as we walked in the guy that greeted us was friendly and helpful. He was very attentive and had a pleasant attitude. My friend chose the Korean chicken curry and the chicken dumplings for the starter. I had the Korean Fried chicken with steamed rice and Kimchi. My friend thoroughly enjoyed the dumplings, but she didn't particularly enjoy the curry. The chicken tasted like it was processed, rubbery with a weird texture. The actual curry flavour itself was delicious, not too spicy, and the steamed rice was fragrant and steaming hot. I think the chef should invest in better cuts of chicken which would give the curry a 10/10. My fried chicken was extremely tasty, crisp to the bite, with a delicious spicy sauce poured over it with toasted black sesame seeds. The guy serving us assumed I thought that Kimchi was a starter, but I know you eat Kimchi with your meal! I was just picking at waiting for our food to arrive.We enjoyed our visit to Korea House, there was plenty of people coming in, which is always a good sign. We'll be back again in Winter for a Korean stew! Highly recommended Restaurant for authentic Korean food.

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank Shaun C

Reviewed 8 September 2016

Really nice place. Been here a few times and the food is always very good. The waiting time for the food is good, it all tastes fresh and the staff are friendly without being too friendly, perfect!

Certainly mid-range pricing, not expensive or cheap. The only reason this is not a 5* review is that the portion sizes of meat/fish in many meals are not good value for money, we enjoy going there for dinner sometimes but are not regulars simply because of this.

The quality of the food is good. The beer is cold, the staff are professional, and the atmosphere is very pleasant.

Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

I've lost count the amount of times I've eaten here now, but I have never had a negative experience!
I've eaten in the restaurant a few times and the owner is always super friendly & loves talking to you about the Korean way of eating your meal or drinks that compliment, fantastic service.
I've had a takeaway from here, more times than what I care to admit, and it's so yummy everytimex
I love the bulgogi deop bap with a side of chilli sauce!

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 17 August 2016

great food - can't wait to go back again- never tried Korean food before but loved it . The restaurant was busy but the staff made time to help you and were very polite . Very lucky to have this restaurant in Beeston.

Reviewed 16 August 2016

The food is cheap and tasty, with minimal waiting times. Perfect location in Beeston too; easy to find! Owner is friendly as well :)