“Terrible service and rude staff”
Review of Starbucks

Starbucks
Ranked #51 of 60 Coffee & Tea in Nottingham
Cuisines: American, International
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Wow! I never knew I would have to wait for a coffee while the barista flirts with some chick and decides mine isn't important enough to make at the moment..even though I have a tram to catch! Well... the only reason I went to Starbucks is because it was the only coffee shop in the immediate area open at 8am. I usually skip this place because the coffee is overpriced, food is bad, and service sucks! Unfortunately I needed a caffeine fix and went anyway, only to wait 15 minutes for an espresso when I could have had it in five minutes. Staff is inattentive and not very friendly. I get it..:you don't want to work early on a Saturday morning. Well guess what...you work here, took the shift, and now it's time to actually work instead of flirting with the girl ahead of me. It was really annoying to watch the banter, and even more annoying that since I waited so long I missed my trAm! Food wasn't stocked, place wasn't that clean for just having opened, and terrible service! Next time I will wait for costa to open because this Starbucks isn't worth giving my money!

1  Thank TravelQueen90211

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

I have always been a massive fan of Starbucks and when I moved nearby topped up my card and went on my way to work. No eye contact from staff, weak and soapy tasting coffee. When I asked for a cup holder the woman said they didn't have them for the size cup I had when the day before was offered one... put the rubbish service and coffee down to them having a bad day and it being 7am. Went back the next day at the same time and again crappy weak coffee.

Tried to give them another chance yesterday afternoon on my way home thinking maybe it'll be better once everyone's more awake. When I got there there was no one placing an order just a young girl looking at the menu figuring out what she wanted. The lady at the till completely ignored me and asked the girl what she wanted. When she said she wasn't sure but only had £2 the lady started reading out the menu to the girl making suggestions, which was fine. In the meantime I'd been standing there for a good few minutes patiently waiting.

When a man came along I thought great, I know exactly what I want and he can take my order. No! He said I'm just serving this girl and went through the menu with her too....... does it really take two staff members to read a menu out to a girl old enough to come into Starbucks alone???! And the other two staff stood there chatting!

Will not be going back there again, don't know why I would when there's 200degrees nearby with amazing coffee

1  Thank Catrb
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Costa was full so we popped in while out shopping.
Iced coffee was a hot coffee with 2 lumps of ice in it. Toasted tea cake was so hard you were in danger of cracking a tooth. Hot chocolate was so weak it was like brown water.
All vacant tables but one were dirty and uncleared.
A tenner wasted.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Visited for coffee yesterday. Restaurant area needed cleaning, tables dirty and floor area. Toilets were terrible really dirty. The whole place in need of redecoration, chipped paintwork etc. Sub standard for a chain coffee shop will not visit again

1  Thank Di M
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

I visit this Starbucks often because I love people watching so much, and because I like Starbucks for vegan drink options. During this visit the staff were lovely and the service was very quick for a Saturday, I actually visited twice during the day morning and afternoon and both times I was served quickly and the drinks were nice. I do think that the place is never that clean, but my main issue and reason for reviewing is the toilets. They are in such a hellish state I cannot believe with the money made there that they haven't spent anything to get them done up! For a start the actual stairs leading down to them are not lit properly at all. It's so dark down there! Then the two toilets are just horrific. They smell awful and one toilet was too flooded to go into and the other one had flickering buzzing light like a horror movie, had lots of water on the floor and tbh I didn't actually feel safe in there! What a horrible experience. For somewhere selling drinks you need to have good toilet facilities! What's worse is that the toilets have been in disrepair for a long long time and they're only getting worse.