“Quick stop”

The Picnic Basket
Ranked #314 of 1,368 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I had a sausage roll and a mug of tea. Staff polite and helpful. Clean and tidy cafe. Near to station and tram stop. Better value than Costa etc. Go and try.

1  Thank Jeffroyals

Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

We had a fantastic cooked breakfast, friendly service, and free coffee with our meal :) Highly recommended.

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

I pop in here quite regularly.
Particular favourites are the poppy seed baguettes and well fired rolls.
The range of fillings is very tempting.

I don't know how other food vendors in the vicinity can compete with the Picnic Baskets offering.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Arrived early in Nottingham on the train just outside the station was a delightful little deli so called in for what I thought was a simple bite to eat , but when I got in there and could see the massive verity of foods on offer I decided to buy my lunch and my dinner to eat on my way home later.
Anyone arriving or going out of Nottingham by train I would recommend you visit the Picnic basket , great value and very friendly staff only to willing to help.
Thanks guys I’ll be back again

Reviewed 2 September 2017

I've eaten at The Picnic Basket on a very regular basis (3-4 times a week) since 2008!! It's fantastic. I've been going so long most of the staff know what I like and how I like it, but the point is you can buy a freshly made cob with a packet of crisps for less than about £3 and you get a free tea\coffee to boot. So for the last 8 years or so, I've bought that every time I go. Not only that, but when I have work colleagues visit me from afar for meetings and so on, I take them there as well. And these colleagues have been from Germany, the USA and others, and all of them comment how nice the place feels. It's a traditional eatery, where you're not just "yet another customer".