“Independent, idividual, rexlaxing city hotel”

The Walton - Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 49 Hotels in Nottingham
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Independent, idividual, rexlaxing city hotel”
Reviewed 7 January 2012

A relaxing, easy-going hotel that offers comfortable rooms at reasonable rates.
We stayed in the room that is often used as "the bridal suite". Once thro' the door you come into the lounge area with two comfy arm chairs and a table. Two further chairs are near the window, also a dressing table. There is an en suite bathroom with bath and shower over. Opposite the bathroom are four steps up to the sleeping area that consists of a super-king bed, with a heavy canopy over, bedside tables and double wardrobe.
The buffet breakfast, which is inc., is excellent and hot. The resturant and food are also excellent.
We have stayed several times at this hotel and we will return when visiting relatives in the Nottingham area.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank dibees

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Nottingham
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Stayed for NY Eve and aside from excellent dinner - room very comfy and fabulous bed - but the absolute winner was the breakfast - fantastic selection and such friendly, caring and attentive staff to help. Couldn't fault it!

Room Tip: Ask for the little balcony - quirky but fabulous bed!
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 1 January 2012

I was sitting in the breakfast room after the best nights sleep I'd had since leaving Australia two weeks before when I thought to myself, "it's like I died and went to heaven but then they realised it wasn't my time so they sent me back down to a lovely hotel in Nottingham". The staff were charming and helpful, the food was excellent and the room was lovely and clean. My largest complaints were that the door to the bathroom was a bit hard to open and there was no mini-bar. So not much to complain about really. All I can say is when in Nottingham Do It. Do It Now.

Room Tip: Room 20 was very nice, but I'm sure so are the others.
Midlands
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I feel bad that I have not wrote on TA about the Walton's Hotel until now. We got married in the summer and were fortunate enough to have our wedding reception at the Walton's. From start to finish we could not have asked for more, Pauline and her staff are fantastic, nothing is too much trouble, so much so that in terms of the reception I had very little to do which is a god send when planning a wedding!

We booked all the hotel rooms for our guests, all of which were very impressed with the rooms.

The food for our at our reception was exceptional, I had eated their a few times before and was always very impressed but didn't think they would be able to replicate the standard when serving for 80 guests at the same time......how wrong I was, the food on the day was fantastic. Having been to may weddings over the years I was suprised when arranging the wedding to find that myself and my husband were asked to pick 2 starters, mains and desserts and then on the day guests could choose what they wanted! There was also a vegetarian option on top of this!

The evening reception was held in the main 3 rooms of the hotel. I loved the layout as it means that there is quieter areas as well as plenty of room for the disco. We were also blessed with good weather and the outside area was a great addition, due to it's elevated position you don't actually notice the road.

I would fully reccommend booking the Walton's for a wedding reception, I would also reccommend having a meal at the restaurant or staying at the hotel. The hotel is quite quirky as well so if you want something a bit different for you wedding reception go and visit, I'm sure you won't be disappointed!!

Finally I'd just like to say a huge thankyou to Pauline and the staff at the Walton's, we couldn't have asked for more, hats off to you guys.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lennie25
Devizes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Our first impression of The Waltons was very good, the staff and room were charming. We ate in the bar in the evening and had their Christmas Menu. This was delicious and we all had a thourghly enjoyable evening. There were a lot of big Christmas parties going on that evening but at no time did we feel that the staff were rushed or not coping with the busy night they all excelled themselves.
We found the room very warm overnight but the bed was very comfortable.
When we went for breakfast the next morning we found the breakfast very disappointing. Everything was pre cooked and left in heated trays, the scrambled egg was grey and congealled together, the bacon was soggy and very salty and the toast took about 10 minutes to toast in the machine.
If it hadn't been for the breakfast I would have given The Waltons a 4/5 star rating. I'm wondering if the busy night before affected the breakfast as see that other reviews have said breakfast was good.

2 Thank Paula B