“The Robin Hood legend brought to life in a tour with spirit even the English summer rain couldn't dampen.”

Nottingham Robin Hood Town Tour
Ranked #1 of 24 Tours in Nottingham
More attraction details
Owner description: VisitEngland 'Guided Tour of the Year 2017'- Finalist! VE Ambassador Ezekial Bone is Robin Hood! Multi-award winning Robin Hood Town Tour is Nottingham's top attraction. It is the definitive way to explore the City's key sites and learn all about the legend of Robin Hood. Private / Bespoke / Sherwood Forest /Lace Market Tours available.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Ezekial weaves a wonderful entertainment, combining the history of Nottingham and the creation of the legend of Robin Hood over the centuries. With encyclopaedic knowledge of his subject, spell-binding story-telling, theatrical flourish, social commentary and marvellous humour, this is a not-to-be-missed experience. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

‘Robin Hood’ is so enchanting, that it is easy to see how the Nottingham Robin Hood Town Tour is rated as the #1 Nottingham tour. His character makes it what it is - engaging, educational, enjoyable, interesting and simply an unforgettable experience.
I was looking for an activity in the area for myself, my husband and my daughter; after some research I decided to book the walking tour based on its excellent reviews. However, when I discussed my plans for Saturday afternoon with my family, my husband quickly replied ‘if it’s some bloke dressed up in tights I’m not coming”. I’m so pleased I decided not to tell him that part. When we arrived to start the tour, my husband’s face was a picture when Robin Hood appeared in full costume! Thankfully the promise of a pint of ale at the end of tour quickly made it all ok and we all had a merry time, even the teenager thought it was outstanding.
If you’d like to find out about the history of Nottingham and the legend of Robin Hood, don't let the costume put you off and make time to take this tour – you won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We did not really know what to expect from this tour but thought it might be fun. It turned out, however, to be a very informative walk around town in which our Robin Hood deconstructed the Robin Hood legend, managed to intriguingly tell us the story of how historical facts, literary personas and the power of the imagination all got blended into one to give us the wonderful story of the ultimate man in tights. And he did it with an appropriate dose of humour as well!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

There's a paucity of touristy things to do in this very nice city so thank goodness for the Robin Hood walking tour. The very eloquent and knowledgeable Ezekial Bone will walk you through hundreds of years of Nottingham history in addition to explaining the origins of the myths/ legends surrounding Robin Hood folklore. You will kept amused whilst getting to see all the key Nottingham sights for a very reasonable fee and leave better informed on English history. If he could build in a demonstration of lace-making (suprisingly, totally absent in the city) I would give him 11 out of 10. So I still choose to believe Robin Hood existed but expect he wasn't quite so handsome. Don't miss out on this 10/10 rated experience.

1  Thank angie562
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Puts the cult hero's story in historical and modern perspective with passion, critical thinking and pure fun. Wasn't expecting a visit to the caves en route. A "must do"!