“Lovely Staff and Great Food, but shame about wait”
Review of All Bar One

All Bar One
Ranked #271 of 1,369 Restaurants in Nottingham
Price range: US$5 - US$19
Cuisines: International, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: All Bar One Nottingham is a stylish city bar where you can catch up with friends, unwind after work or simply find a sophisticated space to indulge in an excellent selection of food. Within easy reach of the Hockley area, The Weekday Cross Monument and the Lace Market, All Bar One Nottingham is the perfect place to meet up with friends or unwind with work colleagues. Of all the bars in Nottingham, we've got the right blend of food, drink and atmosphere at any time of day.
Reviewed 5 December 2017

Came into restaurant on 28th November, before a concert! Very few tables taken, but even fewer staff on! I don't in anyway blame staff, but I do blame management! Why don't you do your research! There was a big concert on at the Ice Areana! Why not have the foresight to assume you'd be busy!

It took 45 minutes to get a drink! In fact our food arrived first! Food was bought out by the chef himself!! And the poor young lady serving us was rushing roundabout like a tornado! 3 tables got up and left during our time in restaurant.

Now I'd like to thank Michael and Vicky for their good service. Food great. Just such a shame for the delay in drinks! Come on management! You're not being professional or fair to your staff or, worse, your customers!

General Manager A, Manager at All Bar One, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Hello Janice,

Reviewed 4 December 2017

I booked early November but when I rang to confirm, they didn't have the booking listed....ouch 11 ladies coming from all over...Thankfully Chris helped and we were booked in. However the table was right next to the bar so being able to talk was impossible!! I was embarrassed by the limited Menu and the food although it arrived promptly was very disappointing...and the thimble full of mushy peas for the fish and chips wasn't worth serving.The staff were fantastic though, very attentive but I wouldn't recommend this bar for its food, sorry.

Hello Yvonne,

Reviewed 2 December 2017

....but could have easily been a 4! This is a classic example whereby staff training or the manager doing what they are paid to do could have improved the score. We popped in on Saturday lunch time for a quick beer and a snack. It was about 12.10, so was fairly quiet.

We got our drinks promptly and waited for the fishfinger wrap. nachos & chips. After 20 minutes nothing, so we attracted the attention of a server. She said she would go and check with the kitchen, but did not return. (the least you would expect would be a report back?). After several more minutes we waved at the same server to ask what she had discovered about our food. She looked blank & went away, this time to return with the news that the food was on its way. Sure enough after a few more minutes the grub arrived. It must have been knocking on the door of 40 minutes before we ate.

The food was mmm mmm mmm delicious and saved the day. This bumped the tripadvisor score up from a likely 2 to a deserved 3.

We all have bad days, and it's how you deal with it that makes the difference. Had the staff come by a few times to say sorry, it's on its way......or the manager swung by we would have scored a four. (location, ambience & food all good). As it is it scrapes a three.

I've just remembered something else...now, I'm a man so this doesn't matter as I have trousers....but we had nachos & no serviettes, but as I say, that's what men's trousers are for. (and we could have got up & got some)

We are a fan of All Bar One & have eaten in several. We just chalk this down to hopefully just a bad day at the office!

Hello CallmeSteve,

Reviewed 25 November 2017

Popped in with a friend for a couple of drinks and a bite to eat. Wasn't busy but a lovely relaxed atmosphere. Love the decor! Staff were great, had time for a chat. Plenty of choice for lunch which was really nice. Worth a visit

General Manager A, Manager at All Bar One, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Hello Caroline,

We thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to us and hopefully we will see you again soon!!

Hello Caroline

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback, we are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to All Bar One Nottingham. Hopefully we can expect to see you again very soon!!

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

Booked a table for 7pm. Finally a waitress came to our table at 7.15. Drinks not served until 7.45 even after I visited the bar 3 times to enquire about where they were.
3 of us ordered the Pad Thai with beef at a cost of £12 per dish. Supposed to come with broccoli, pak choi and free range egg. I had literally 2 of the tiniest pieces of broccoli, no egg and one tiny shrivelled piece of pak Choi. And I mean tiny!! The plate mainly consisted of dark brown saturated in sauce noodles (the whole dish was dark brown with only the red peppers that added any colour!) , and peppers. Was meant to be beef fillet. One out of the three of us had about 3 pieces of beef. My other friend had mostly chewy pieces of beef. I guess I was the luckiest as had a good amount of beef and only the last mouthful was inedible. I’ve had Pad Thai before from several authentic places and it has been a million times better. The average dish costing £8 in those restaurants (Pan Asia, Zaap) I’ve had Pad Thai from All Bar One before to be honest and it was so much better than the rubbish we got tonight!! Really not impressed at all! And over priced!

Hello Michelle,

Very sorry for not responding to your review earlier. We are very sorry you didn't enjoy your visit as we try to pride on ourselves on our service and food quality. We have looked into the issues you have raised and have reviewed how we prepare the Pad Thai in future.

We would love it if you would come back and give us another try.

Hello Vivian,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback, we are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to All Bar One Nottingham. We would love to have you for a cocktail masterclass, please feel free to call 0115 950 1911 for more details!!