“Lovely food and service”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Istanbul Restaurant
Ranked #799 of 1,404 Restaurants in Nottingham
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Visited with friends Friday eve after work. Had lovely complimentary bread and dips to start, followed by chicken shish. The chicken was lovely, served with rice. They don't have a licence but you can BYO.
The restaurant itself was quiet and a little lacking in atmosphere. It was also quite cold which is why it gets 4 stars. But we had a lovely time and I would happily visit again.

1  Thank loulou10

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Came here tonight with my father and uncle and received excellent service from start to finish, the food was fantastic, fresh, tasty and excellent quality, the best we have had ever in Nottingham and will certainly be coming again, what a great restaurant, so clean and the decor was very neat tidy and clean, thank you we really enjoyed our night! Would recommend highly !

2  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 11 March 2018

Went here for a takeaway evening meal on a Sunday night. This restaurant does NOT deserve the poor reviews.. I had Hummus followed by a chicken shish kebab with chips + salad, as much as I could eat and well cooked. I was brought a nice cup of Turkish tea while I waited. The restaurant is clean and appealing, there were a few customers in plus a Deliveroo guy who collected a meal for somebody. The service was good and the staff friendly, I will return.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

This is a top end kebab restaurant which also does eat in. We were knocked out by the friendliness of the staff and the fact that having ordered a mixed kebab got some pots of dips and pitta breads to start off with. There is no alcohol licence but we were invited to buy some from a local shop and bring it in. We were also offered a free sample of their lamb kofta whch we will buy next time. We really wanted a kebab to eat in and this restaurant was perfect. It reminded us of being in Berlin or Krackow and we cant wait to go back. 4 stars yes but don't over expect. This was perfect for what we wanted and the price was unbelieveable. Not fine dining and not a place for a posh dinner.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

This was our first visit and we took our 5 year old daughter and niece which was no bother. We really enjoyed our meal and the staff were friendly and very helpful and the place was clean and tidy. Excellent value and we felt relaxed as sometimes it can be awkward eating out with children. I left my phone on the table but when i returned 15 minutes later it was safe behind the desk waiting for me. We will definitely be visiting this place again.