“Perfection ”

Price range: US$122 - US$167
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A Two Star Michelin restaurant serving Creative, Modern British cuisine in a 7 and 10 course tasting menu format. 7 luxury bedrooms. Lunch on Chef's Table , Kitchen table and Nucleus. Wednesday to Saturday From 12.00 Noon. Dinner Wednesday to Thursday 6.30 Pm - 9.30 Pm. Friday and Saturday 6.00 Pm - 9.30 Pm. Booking Essential.
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

I ate in the nucleus part of the restaurant and I really wasn’t sure what to expect. I really didn’t need worry! What an experience! Our chefs were polite, obviously hugely passionate about what they do and masters of their trade. The food was on another level to anything I’ve had before and beautifully presented. With all the dishes being prepared in front of us gave us a real insight into the process and attention to detail these guys put into each plate of food. I found the atmosphere to be relaxed and not stuffy at all. I cannot recommend The Nucleus at Sat Bains highly enough.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,488)

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

We had the ten course taster menu as well as the matched wine package. Just wow! The food was amazing, the wine great and the staff very knowledgeable. We even left with a list of what we'd been drinking should we wish to obtain some ourselves.

Not cheap by a long stretch, but for two Michelin stars, what do you expect?

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

A great reputation can often create a big disappointment but not here. Have been wanting to go to this legendary restaurant located in the middle of nowhere ( watch your sat navs) for yonks and what a treat.

Lovely slick and charming service a young knowledgable sommelier called Kent ( how can they be so young and so well researched ?) and a delicious 10 course menu which became 12. So many star tastes with pretty presentation like eel,turnip and many basic food types transported on to another level.
There was nothing in the meal to fault from the bread ( treacle stunning) all the way to the end with candy floss. And as for Mr Bains? Well he was generous and charming with his time and his passion for his food shone through his staff and the food itself. If there is a more honest and humble food superstar out there I haven’t found him or her.

I will be back but only when I have saved some pennies. It’s expensive but memorable and exactly what a great restaurant should be which for me is blowing the taste buds combined with great service.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

I took my husband here to celebrate his birthday. He is a big fan of Sat Bains and his food. We are also big foodies and are partial to trying as many Michelin Restaurants as we can, and this was the only one in the Midlands which we hadn't been to.
The actual setting itself is beautiful. We enjoyed a few drinks in the sun garden before being taken to our table.
The entire Team have to be applauded for their professionalism, their knowledge and their ability to make guests feel so comfortable and relaxed without being pretentious. It was like they were welcoming old friends and were genuinely interested in us.
The food was exquisite. My husband is a vegetarian and he was very impressed with his 7 course menu. I opted for the Monkfish course and have to say it was the best Monkfish dish I have ever tasted. I could happily eat it right now (9.40am)!
We opted for the 7 course as opposed to the 10 as we had enjoyed an afternoon tea earlier in the day however did regret not going for the 10. We were enviably looking at the other courses which our fellow diners were enjoying.
At the end of the evening we were invited in to the kitchen where Sat signed our menu cards and let us take a photo with him, a very thoughtful gesture to make the evening even more memorable for my husband, with his favourite Chef.
I can't wait for another good reason to go back (like my birthday!!).

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Came here for our anniversary.
Absolutely impeccable service with a highly knowledgable somalier.
The whole menu is delicious with everything tasting completely delicious. If you get a chance to go then it’s well worth it.