“Excellent Food”
Review of Red Dog Saloon

Red Dog Saloon
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Dog Saloon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #302 of 1,402 Restaurants in Nottingham
Price range: US$19 - US$45
Description: Bringing authentic Kansas City Bar-B-Q to the folks of Nottingham!
Description: Bringing authentic Kansas City Bar-B-Q to the folks of Nottingham!
Reviewed 25 January 2017

We visited here on Saturday with family, and to be honest I was not really looking forward to it. However, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food.
My husband had two BBQ meats - brisket & pork ribs, whilst I had a black & blue cheese burger. Both meals were lovely and beautifully cooked.
This place beats Reds hands down as far as I am concerned.
Will definately be coming back

Reviewed 25 January 2017

Food was great, portions were big, atmosphere was fine, rubbish selection for vegetarians though (pretty normal for bbq restaurants from what I've seen), drinks were nice, however service was rubbish. Waitress wasn't particularly friendly, then our food came out wrong, multiple times and all came out really slowly (there were 6 of us, the plates came one/two at a time and we all had sides). Some of the food wasn't very hot either, so there must have been an issue with timing, for food to be waiting on the pass long enough for some of it to only be lukewarm. Assuming waitress put our order through wrong/chefs made a mistake/someone ran the wrong food - but I'll never know because the reason was never given to us. Then at the end of the meal, we asked for the bill and then had to wait 10-15 mins (before I called another waiter over) before a payment was taken. Our waitress had just disappeared.
Because of the bad service, I think the place was too pricey. I've been a waitress for 5 years and that's the first time in 5 years I haven't tipped.

Reviewed 23 January 2017

The burger was severely let down by seemingly low quality meat. Every two bites or so I had an unchewable lump of gristle that made the whole thing unenjoyable enough that I had to come write this review. The burger was too wet to pick up, drenched in some kind of cheese sauce and none of it tasted particularly good. I will not be buying from Red Dog again.

Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

Unfortunately the food was really poor on our visit. Considering the price we expected a lot more quality. Over cooked bland food. I had pulled pork, no flavour. My wife had belle burger again lain bland chicken coating. Nager viper sauce was the mega hot but really tasty. Unfortunatly the meal quickly left us wishing we ate somewhere else. Would not recommend

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Came here when it was fairly new. The food was ok. I had the Devastator burger but all the beef patties were way over cooked! Starters, sides and milkshakes were good but over priced. Overall the meal was ok but wouldn't be in a rush to go back quickly. The service was good and the place was quirky.