“Very tasty, and gluten free options”
Review of Buongiorno

Buongiorno
Ranked #20 of 110 Restaurants in Hexham
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 September 2016

I went with my husband for a lunch time treat and a treat it was.
They have a happy hr menu with a choice of 1-3 course I believe, for obviously varying prices, however, we had 2 starters and shared a pizza, and my husband said that it was the best pizza hes had in a long time, (ham mozzarella and artichoke)
The setting is clean and tidy, quiet though, but it was a tuesday afternoon, and St Marys chare is a lovely street in hexham, not used enough to be honest.
However the best thing by far though is the fact that they are willing to serve gluten free pizza and pasta, I believe the pizza base is bought in, or so I was told, but the fact that they are willing to do this is only a plus as far as I'm concerned. I will certainly be returning with my children, one of which is allergic to wheat, hence my delight at a wheat free Italian option. Recommended for a no fuss tasty meal

2  Thank lucyd75

Reviewed 29 September 2016

Visit Hexham 3 or 4 times a year and have eaten at Buongiorno since it opened a few years ago. The menu is smaller now that it has moved downstairs but the atmosphere is still great and the owners are incredibly friendly. Keep up the good work.

1  Thank K2096CFchristopherw
Reviewed 25 September 2016

We were on holiday in Northumberland and in Hexham so tried this lovely little restaurant.

It appeared to be a small family run concern, clean and tidy with a friendly, warm atmosphere and dad cooking.

The meals were absolutely wonderful, good portion, full of flavour and the ambience of Italy.

1  Thank renaewhitebread
Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

The move downstairs is a good one, cosy atmosphere and a great simple menu with some tempting specials. Staff were very good and food was excellent. Antipasto starter with pizzas, pasta and salads all went down well with a bottle of
Pinot Grigio. A little gem in the heart of Hexham.

1  Thank Ian S
Reviewed 17 September 2016

We went with friends who live in Hexham. The waitstaff and owner were very nice and very friendly. The service as well as the food was great. We had a mixed antipasto and salads to share. My wife had spinach and ricotta cannelloni and I had one of the personal pizzas. There were unordered extras (brochette and after dinner drinks) that kept showing up at no cost! All in all a wonderful meal.

1  Thank FloridaOutofhere