All reviews self catering cottage homemade bread comfortable bed set in beautiful countryside happily stay again home cooked home grown fruit long weekend three nights enjoyed our stay excellent breakfast a lovely stay excellent location next morning short drive night stay evening meal
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

We spent a lovely weekend here away from it all. Very cosy ensuite room. The breakfasts are delicious, freshly home-cooked and the home made bread with jam gorgeous. Lovely quiet working farm with beautiful views. Would highly recommend.

Date of stay: September 2018
Ryehill, Owner at Rye Hill Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

So glad you enjoyed your weekend with us, we do try hard to make things as comfortable as possible for our guests. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely stay at Rye Hill farm, owner was lovely And welcoming and very accommodating.
We were attending a wedding at Healey barn And and this was perfect for us, the rooms were ready by 12 so we could drop our bags off before we went to the wedding and had keys for our return. We were provided with taxi numbers to get us back.
Farm is lovely, very pituresque. We had room 1 which was very spasious and had everything we need and the breakfast the next morning was beautiful.
Thank you.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ryehill, Owner at Rye Hill Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Thank you for your lovely review, it was a joy to have you to stay and I do hope you might be able to return another time.
Best wishes Elizabeth

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Lovely clean, comfortable and quiet stay over. Stairs to small, but nicely decorated room with en suit shower. Short drive to village pub for dinner. Fabulous breakfast - highly recommend the home made brown bread. Thank you.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ryehill, Owner at Rye Hill Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Thank you for your kind review, it is so nice when guests apprieciate my home made bread and jams.!

Reviewed 2 August 2018

I love getting off the beaten track, and this lovely working farm was a treat. Not far from Hexham, (a beautiful city) the farm sits on meadows full of fluffy sheep. The room was not large, but very comfortable, and the bed was extremely comfy. All amenities were provided-- I especially loved the china teacup for my tea! Breakfast was served in a cheery room on community tables so everyone got a chance to meet and chat with the other guests. You need a car to reach the farm, but in this part of the country I think you always need a car. A lovely place, a lovely stay. I will definitely come again.

Room tip: I suspect they are all good rooms.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Ryehill, Owner at Rye Hill Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for such a lovely review.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

Just a short drive from Hexham, Rye Hill Farm offers comfortable accommodation for a farm stay. This is my second visit so clearly I like the place very much. The proprietor, Elizabeth, offers excellent hospitality, fastidiously clean, pretty, comfortable rooms, and she is very knowledgeable about her area. Hadrian's Wall is nearby, and the moors and dales are outstandingly beautiful.
Breakfast is freshly cooked and substantial, and fruit from the kitchen garden was available each morning. The establishment's fried bread is especially naughty but nice so do try some.
An excellent choice.

Room tip: There is a cottage available for families.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

You are such a lovely pair to have to stay, thank you for your nice review it means a lot to me and a great encouragement to keep going!!!!