All reviews self catering cottage homemade bread comfortable bed home cooked rose and crown home grown fruit would definitely stay here again long weekend three nights breakfast was delicious a great stay short drive next morning enjoyed our stay an overnight stay beautiful surroundings evening meal
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Stayed here for 2 nights with my family. lovely comfortable rooms, a nice friendly welcome and fantastic home cooked breakfast. nothing was a trouble for the owner of this lovely farm set in beautiful countryside.

Thankyou for making our stay a pleasureable one.

Very highlty recommented. Brian and Christel Lewis and family.

Room Tip: best views
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Ryehill, Owner at Rye Hill Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Thank you for your kind review, it was a pleasure having you staying here and I hope you will be able to return soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Was recommended this site by Under Canvas FB group. What a great site! Only one EHU point I could see but we were not paying to use so not a problem. Small and quiet. Only downside was dogs off lead from some other campers/B&B customers so didn't appreciate a dog off lead and out of site from owner sniffing around our tent - not site fault though, just inconsiderate owner.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

I am sorry you were troubled by a dog being off the lead, we do ask that all dogs are kept on leads because of the livestock as well as the well being of other guests who might not apprieciate dogs around. We do in fact have 5 electric hook ups on the campsite. I have not heard of the facebook site you mention, I must have a look at it, thank you for mentioning it!

Reviewed 29 July 2017

Stayed for three nights and was looked after very well. Clean, comfortable room with all usual facilities inc free wi-fi. Good bathroom. Breakfast was excellent with home grown fruits, home made bread and fresh eggs from their own hens. Elizabeth couldn't be more attentive. This is a working farm so don't expect interaction with animals although there are plenty of sheep to look at as you drive in and out!
Cannot recommend this b&b highly enough, good value too.
I would also recommend the nearby Rose & Crown for dinner. A community pub with really good food at reasonable prices.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Ryehill, Owner at Rye Hill Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Thank you for such a glowing review we do try to do our best for guests! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and will be able to return soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Just a few miles away from Hexham, this well-run B & B was both welcoming and peaceful despite the weather. My first storey room was clean and comfortable with a hot shower/bath, fluffy towels and a comfortable bed. Tea and coffee, TV and free WiFi were provided.
Breakfast was substantial, with fruit from Elizabeth's own garden and fresh eggs from her own hens. The fried bread was outstanding!

Room Tip: First floor rooms are accessed by steep stairs, so age or disability could be a problem.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Ryehill, Owner at Rye Hill Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

I am a bit of a traditionalist as far as food is concerned and enjoy producing things from the raw product especially if I have managed to grow it myself!

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Rooms and bath small but well appointed, very clean, good breakfast. Peaceful and quiet. Gardens spectacular. Disappointed with limited interaction with animals-was expecting more of a farm experience.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jzberry
Ryehill, Owner at Rye Hill Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Sorry you were not able to have more interaction with our farm livestock but at this time of year the sheep are all out in the fields grazing as you could see from the drive way into the farm. You were able to bottle feed the one pet lamb we still have beeing hand fed at the moment buut even Belle will soon be out in the field with others.