All reviews self catering cottage homemade bread comfortable bed set in beautiful countryside happily stay again home cooked home grown fruit long weekend three nights enjoyed our stay excellent breakfast a lovely stay excellent location next morning short drive night stay evening meal
Reviewed 18 April 2017

Approx. 5 miles from Hexham in the hamlet of Slaley this is a lovely spot for cottage, guest house, camping. I spent two nights as a guest and wished my stay could have been longer.
My room was tastefully furnished with everything necessary to hand. The bed (double) was comfortable. The shower and toiletries were of a high standard. The whole premises were clean throughout. There was an extensive quantity of literature about the area and its attractions.
The breakfast room has a pleasant prospect onto a garden area. The cooking was to a good standard.

All in all I would recommend this guest house to anyone who values a friendly welcome and peaceful surroundings. I extend every credit to the owners.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Ryehill, Owner at Rye Hill Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

What a lovely review, thank you and I do hope you will be able to make a return visit.

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

We used the B&B rooms and the cottage this weekend for our wedding guests and ourselves .
Lovely place to stay.
Cottage was lovely and clean. Bed's comfortable.
We really enjoyed our stay there and would definitely come back again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Ryehill, Owner at Rye Hill Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

You were most welcome, I am so glad the wedding went well and we look forward to seeing you another time.

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Great little site. Found it in tiny campsites book. Would recommend. Owners very helpful. Nice and quiet. You would need to book ahead weekends and holidays I imagine. Toilet and showers clean and free.
A1.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

I am glad you enjoyed our small hide away campsite. We do advise guests to book pitches in advance as I do not like to over fill the site.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

This working farm is in a beautiful location, offering remarkable views and the sounds of the countryside from its rooms. Our double-aspect room was in a comfortable and very well presented house. Breakfasts were very good too. We enjoyed a superb evening meal at the nearby Rose and Crown.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank peter h
Ryehill, Owner at Rye Hill Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are fortunate to have 2 good pubs in the locallity serving excelllent meals, I am glad you enjoyed one of them.

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

We had a great stay here. Out room overlooked the new-born lambs so hearing them bleat was somewhat soothing. Out room was comfortable with all that you need for an overnight stay or longer. Breakfast cooked to order rounded our stay off quite nicely. Thank you - we hope to return soon.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ryehill, Owner at Rye Hill Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the sheep lambing. They have nearly all lambed now and are out in the fields in this lovely spring weather. We look forward to your return visit.