“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Telephone 01604947625
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Somewhere between poor and average.

It's a nice enough venue, but the food was overpriced for what was a very standard fare.

The service was the most disappointing aspect. Staff weren't very warm and were among the least attentive I've experienced at an Indian restaurant.

It wasn't very busy when we went, but our waiter couldn't help answer questions about the menu, didn't clear our plates away and service was slow.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

After just getting home from a meal at wild ginger I will never be returning.
The food was average slightly over cooked chicken in the main meals but not was fine to eat, although the service was shocking!!!
Drinks missed from order, slow taking our order, mains slow coming out and never came over to bring the bill after half an hour of waiting had to go up ourselves and pay at the bar.
I watched a couple walk out as they were so fed up of waiting ... I don't blame them.

I use wild ginger at lot for take away collection and on this occasion decided to have a meal in the restaurant .. I wish i hadn't and have wasted over £30.00 now

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

We went here as a snap decision as our usual curry house in Duston was fully booked.

The first disappointment was with the poppadom chutneys, which were really watery and tasted like they had come out a tin.

The rest of the meal was bland, with no real strong flavours.

The service was really slow despite it being fairly quiet.

Overall, we won't be returning.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

I think generally curry houses are all pretty much the same you don't often get a bad one and tend to go for the most convenient.

Wild ginger for me stands out from your standard curry house, I had a nagri off the specials menu and it was one of the tastiest curries I've ever had. Full of flavour rather than just being masked by heat. I even decided to take a chance and go for the lamb which was lovely with no fat to be seen. My family all thoroughly enjoyed their meals too.

Have already recommended to work colleagues who've been and loved it too. Well worth a visit and I don't know how it isn't busier in the restaurant!

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Visited wild ginger for the first time on a Friday eve, we didn't book but got a table straight away.
Liked the look and general feel of the place and staff were pleasant as we were seated. Beers and drinks were of a good selection and menu was a excellent with the old favourites and some other dishes I'd not tried before.
Went for the garlic chilli chicken and it was superb as was the rice and sundries. Timing was bang on with mains, and food was all hot!!! you could tell the ingredients were fresh and cooked really well. Friends also loved there's and enjoyed.
It's been open for a while and wished I'd visited sooner and will definitely return.
Regards and FairPlay to the staff and chefs.

Date of visit: March 2017