Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$109
PricelineUS$61
eDreamsUS$61
CheapTicketsUS$109
Agoda.comUS$61
All reviews town centre secure car park full english tea and coffee fridge rear cereal twin
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 April 2020

What strange place, entrance off the main road by private track, follow to bottom and turn left to find car park at back of hotel, worst track I have been on in years all pot holes and full of water, some so deep the bottom of the car scraped along.

The owners are a family with two or more brothers, very much alike in looks.

I was there for 4 night, the first one was in the room by the front door, big old room with nice bathroom, huge tv, but being right next to the front door really really noisy with loud banging door when ppeople came in or went out.

They moved me after that to first floor at the back, a more quiet room, though was unlucky as a bus load of Dutch students stayed that night – not much peace. After that it was ok. The room was pleasant over looking the car park, good wifi and adequate bathroom.

The breakfast was first rate one of the best I have had, with good choice and proper service 5* for that.

Now the hotel is just a run of the mill working persons place, basic but clean and ok if you just want a bed.

It is a reasonable walk for an evening meal, but I was lucky it did not rain.

Easy to find
car park ok but was told it does get full
rooms ok
noisy
good wifi
great Breakfast

Was due to return in May but expect it will be a no do.

Just one point I was cancelled by my work in January and cancelled via Booking, the hotel took the money from my card the day I cancelled with still a month to go before cancellation deadline and I had to go through booking to get it back – could not understand why they took money took three weeks to get it back – strange things a foot. But will use again.

Room tip: see report
Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Trevor S
Reviewed 17 February 2020

Stayed here for four nights while we visited family. Slept well, clean, comfy and quiet. Car park tricky as it is accessed done an unmade road full of potholes. Mostly we parked out front overnight but you have to move car by 8am and the rest of the time we left it there all day as we walked a good deal.
Breakfast fresh cooked to order, juice, cereal, tea/coffee then full English or parts thereof.

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank HazelLewis
Reviewed 28 December 2019 via mobile

Oh what can I say - we arrived here for a two night stay and we literally thought we had walked into faulty towers. The car park was full so we had to leave our car on the main road.
It was like walking into a time warp net curtains too. I think this is some sort of half way house ... needless to say we couldn’t stay here and booked at another nearby hotel
Awful !

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank royston33
Reviewed 14 December 2019 via mobile

On their website they state that as long as you cancel within the specified time you will get a refund. I booked through them but unfortunately had to cancel so I did (within the specified time). I waited for the refund then I was told that I had to wait a month. I waited and waited and am still waiting. I have spoken and received emails stating that I will get my refund (£288) but have lost patience and it looks like legal action beckons. It is fraudulent and people should know that they cannot be trusted.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Vivienne M
Reviewed 13 December 2019

It is a good priced hotel with an plentyful Breakfast, it is so good, it is what provoked me into going back. I loved it.
Room 2, near reception so the door bell may disturb?
Shower was pretty good, I like good showeres, bad one's are a deal breaker.
I needed to be near here, this hotel is old, shows signs of age but works very well.
Beds, OK, tea and coffee in room with chocolates and bisquits, yum.
There is some genearal noise around but no more than many other hotels I have stayed in.
Housekeeping was spot on.
Will I go back, yes, location for me is good, hotel is OK and breakfast is for the whole day. Thanks.

Room tip: Rooms near reception suffer from Door Bell noise, light sleepers maybe should avoid.