“One of the best breakfasts I've ever had”

The Plump Partridge
Ranked #84 of 1,578 Restaurants in Northamptonshire
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Description: Artisan styled coffee house & Resturant located in the heart of Northampton Town. We serve locally sourced coffee, an array of loose leaf teas and hot chocolates (to take away too!). Breakfast , woodfired pizzas, flatbreads and salads at lunchtime and all day brunch on Sundays! Our brunch menu includes full breakfasts, smashed avocado with poached egg on sourdough, eggs Benedict and lots more! For those with a sweet tooth, we sell homemade cakes that we makes ourselves in the store, don't worry if you're vegan/celiac/lactose intolerant, we have treats and gluten free pizza bases for you as well! Our specials change weekly so come in and see what we have to offer. We do monthly Themed Nights- check out our Facebook to see what's on next! Look forward to seeing you soon!
Reviewed 14 October 2017

My partner, (our pooch) and I have just been to The Plump Partridge for the first time for breakfast.

Start with the negative: it would've been nice if there were a few different cooked breakfast options but other than that I didn't find anything negative. My partner had the Plump breakfast (2 sausage, 2 bacon, 2 egg fried or poached, mushrooms, beans and 2 toast, bread by the lovely Good Loaf). I had the mini breakfast, one of each, minus the egg with extra bacon). I asked for my bacon to be crispy, the fat at least. With a tea and flat white it came to £17.

Positives:
- Service with a lovely, friendly smile
- Food came quickly about 5-10 minutes
- Lovely decor and atmosphere
- One of the best breakfasts either of us have ever had!

My bacon was actually perfectly cooked and tasty. The fat was nicely crisp but the meat was still juicy. Very tasty sausages, eggs nice bright orange yokes and perfectly ( no really) cooked. I know I'm gushing but it was so nice. Even the breakfast tea was loose leaf and really tasted lovely! Lovely coffee too.

This will most definitely be added to the regular haunts and excited to try a nice evening meal and cocktail!

Go go go!

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Came here on a Friday night for a birthday treat with the family. If we're in town, we always pop in here for a tea/coffee. Never been in the evening. Lovely friendly, relaxed atmosphere. You often find in chains that the music is so loud, you can't here yourself speak. I like trying the independent small eateries. The food all looked & tasted amazing. Not a big menu but we all really enjoyed what we had & the pizzas are freshly made & baked in a wood fired oven. Justin, the owner/chef certainly works hard. Will definitely return, possibly to one of there "specials" evenings, which look fab. I would also recommend it to others to try this small restaurant rather than going to a mainstream, the quality is far greater, the food very reasonably priced & the atmosphere & staff brilliant too.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

I was told that the chef here was the previous owner of the French Partridge in Hackleton so I thought we would give it a try. Having loved the French Partridge (where my fiancee and I got engaged), we popped into the plump partridge yesterday whilst in Northampton. Had tea, a coffee and two sausage sandwiches. Nice ambience and the place is decorated really nicely. Friendly staff and fast service. We will definitely be going back for a lunch or evening meal

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Had breakfast here.
It was amazing, I had the banana porridge with honey. Just loved it and wanted more.
My husband had the granola which he also enjoyed.
The decor is very nice and the atmosphere is lovely too.service was good too.
Keep doing what you are doing.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

We ate here twice for breakfast while staying in Northampton last weekend. Day one, Mexican Eggs pronounced excellent by my husband. I had the mini breakfast - one sausage, one bacon, beans, one beautifully poached egg and a slice of toast with a lovely little jar of butter. This was perfect for me - not a hash brown in sight! Day 2 we both had omelette with various fillings - these came with a side salad and were delicious. We loved eating here and it was nice to sit outside overlooking the market square. Highly recommended.