1,694 results
All reviews monsoon shower roll top bath cigar shack mezzanine room lovely hotel standard room nespresso machine free standing bath mini bar junior suite main building boutique hotel underfloor heating car park walk in shower per night city centre
Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

We'd had the Hotel Du Vin booked for our wedding on December 23rd 2016, since Nov 2015. Mollie, the hotel events coordinator was fantastic from day one. She was always available for meetings and replied to emails promptly. She organised everything and made sure our day went without a hitch. Our young daughter and I had booked in to the Tattinger suite the night prior to the wedding. This room was a perfect size. Even when when friends, hairdressers, well wishers, photographer, etc made an appearance, the room still felt enormous and the bathroom is just as huge. I was greeted with a bottle of Champagne in the room and Mollie and the team were more than generous with their bringing plenty more glasses of fizz for guests who came to see me. The morning of the wedding, Mollie brought up the registrar and could see I was flapping and nervous so helped me with the million buttons on my dress. She then guided me and my daughter to the courtyard room where the ceremony was taking place and made sure we were ok every step of the way. When Mollie left for the day, a young man (i'm sure he was called Chris) took over and did a fabulous job. The rest of the day and night went perfectly. The room looked spectacular, the food was just incredible thanks to Rhiannon and the fantastic bistro team and everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves. The night of the wedding, my new husband and I were booked in to the Moet suite. This room is just unbelievable, with an 8ft bed, matching, free standing baths with candles in the middle, bottle of champagne on ice, sofas.....the list goes on. It's just a shame we didn't really get to spend much time in it to enjoy it to it's fullest potential. Check out the next morning was a breeze and we were helped to our car with the hundreds of items we'd taken, and people had brought to the hotel for us. I can not recommend Hotel Du Vin highly enough......for everything. The whole team from Mollie coordinating our wedding, to front desk staff, everybody helped to make our wedding day and overall stay, the most perfect, magical, memorable and special time. We truly could not have wished, dreamed or hoped for anything better. My only three negatives are that we can't do it all again, thank the lovely staff enough and give more than a 5 star rating.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Saz970507
HDVYork, Manager at Hotel du Vin York, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2017

Dear Saz970507,

Thank you for taking the time to review both your experience at the property and the team leading up to your special day.

I am so pleased to hear you were happy with so many difference aspects of your time with us.

We look forward in welcoming you back for an anniversary stay!

Congratulations and all the best for the future.

Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights over Christmas and can only say everything was excellent. Service was outstanding and catered well for 2 dogs as well with dog beds, food and water bowls.

Nice touch was a Xmas gift bag left on the door with frackers and chocolates etc.

Would highly recommend

1  Thank Tim2000

Dear Tim2000,

Thank you for your review. It was lovely to hear you enjoyed your stay over Christmas. I hope we can welcome you again throughout 2017.

Reviewed 27 December 2016

We booked a suite at the hotel for our wedding night, there was an initial mix up which was dealt with extremely well. We could not fault the service we received on the day and all the staff were very helpful, friendly and could not do enough to help. The next day the breakfast was lovely and we would definitely recommend this hotel to anyione.

Room tip: We booked a suite but I am sure the hotel has other less expensive excellent value rooms
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear lkt77,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hotel du Vin, York.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your wedding night with us and I hope we can welcome you again in the near future.

Congratulations and all the best for the future.

Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

Got married here back in may 2015. Absolutely fabulous. We've stayed in a few hotels in York but nothing compares to this one! Only 5-10 mins walk right into the center. Well worth the money. We emailed ahead to advise we were returning to celebrate a birthday and they were kind enough to give us a free bottle of champagne! Many thanks x

1  Thank Miserablebastard

Dear Miserablebastard,

Thank you for a wonderful 5 Star review.

We look forward in welcoming you again.

Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for our 1st anniversary, having stayed here for our wedding. I can honestly say HdV has improved. We had a suite last year, which was overpriced and quite frankly very small. This year, we had a standard room which was lovely! Huge, comfy bed & strong waterfall shower/ deep bath. As well, the staff overheard me mentioning our anniversary and left us a lovely note and complementary chocolate.
I didn't begrudge the £10 PN for parking either as my car was safe and parking is ridiculous in central York. Well done, HdV!

2  Thank 0akheart

Dear 0akheart,

It is lovely to hear you enjoyed your most recent stay with us. We hope we can welcome you again.