“Best brownie I’ve ever had!”

The Teddy bear Tea Rooms
Ranked #51 of 951 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Family run business in the heart of York. Passionate about serving local produce and great drinks.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We chose this as we thought our three year would like it... we were right. On the pricey side - cakes were £4 - but I suppose if you were having one as a dessert you wouldn’t think twice about paying that. I have very high cake standards and the brownie was the best I’ve ever had. My only suggestion would be to serve with raspberries or strawberries instead of the block of chocolate, which was a bit of a chocolate overkill! (I’m being picky though) Husband’s raspberry bakewell cake (fresh from the oven) was also very good. Could have done with a sweep under the tables where somebody had clearly had too much fun dropping crisps all over the floor, but nothing major. Service was efficient and friendly. Would definitely return - lunches looked lovely too. Our daughter appreciated the teddy bear theme and the (not overbearingly loud) children’s music playing!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

The small shop on the ground floor is full of soft toys, with lots of choice. Go upstairs to another two floors to eat in the cafe. Very quaint and charming, lots of tight stairs so not for the less mobile.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

A very quaint and relaxing place to have a lunch. Tried for breakfast but slept in too long and missed it. Sandwiches names after famous bears good value and taste great. Welcoming service with a smile!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We have visited York few times before but never went inside as we thought this was just store however upstairs is beautiful little place where you can eat and let me tell you their breakfast is the best I’ve had in my life.The service is brilliant aswell a prices very good.I can’t wait to go back to York and visit this place again

Reviewed 22 March 2018

We visited these tea rooms a couple of years ago and had a lovely afternoon tea. As my daughter and I were visiting York once again, we decided to return and treat ourselves. We were unsure as to the location but soon spotted an old 'friend' keeping watch outside - a giant teddy! After looking at the many bears on sale downstairs we went upstairs to the tea room and ordered the afternoon tea, which is actually for one but can easily be shared by two & you just need to order an extra drink. The selection of sandwiches were very nice, followed by a scone (shared) together with loads of jam & cream. On top of the stand are two slices of cake and these are very moorish. I had tea to drink and my daughter had a milkshake, which looked and tasted great.
We plan to visit again later in the year and probably bring a friend, and try the rest of the menu!