2,867 results
All reviews train station ncp car park modern hotel complimentary breakfast the breakfast area city centre free wifi the sofa bed inside the city walls excellent hotel buffet style good size few minutes walk walk in shower shower gel reception staff beans
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel is great. It’s close to the train station, about 5 min walk. It has an entrance to the wall very close. About 10-15 min walk to the middle of the city ( across the River). Rooms were clean and nice, they had a “real” hair dryer, not the wall ones, in the room ( big plus as I don’t pack one). Lots of tv channels if that’s important. Bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was included. Full English. Something there for everyone. Desk staff were helpful. If you need suggestions for food or anything, ask them.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
VBurnham, Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location convenient. I am also pleased to see you found our team friendly and helpful.

Thank you for choosing Hampton by Hilton, I hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future, and If you are not already a HHonors member, you may be interested to know that it's free to join and you can earn points towards free stays and much more. It couldn't be easier! Just book through hampton.com to get your points.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed for two nights, and were impressed with the location, the staff, the breakfast, and the room. Handy for the railway station and the brilliant Railway Museum, and also (possibly) more interestingly for the small York Brewery, which offers great value tours and is just up the street.
Tip - if you’re staying late September or early October, get a room at the back of the hotel, which fronts onto a bar across the street which is super-popular with highly inebriated youngsters.....

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location convenient. I am also pleased to see you that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast buffet.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed for a friends visit to York. Conveniently walking distance from the station. We arrived midday and was able to check in early and drop off our stuff. Staff are very friendly and accommodating. The room and public spaces are modern and clean. I was particularly impressed with the buffet breakfast selection. There were plenty of options to accommodate many tastes. I actually found the choice better than a certain 5 star hotel next to the station!!! (Visited in April) Only one tiny grumble. No biscuits with the tea/coffee in the room. You can’t have everything I guess.
I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location convenient. I am also pleased to see you found our team friendly and accommodating and that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast buffet.

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

This hotel is great! Awesome location as very convenient to everything to do in York! Our hotel was a very nice size with a desk, queen bed, couch, TV and nightstands. The bathroom was modern and very clean. Everything about this hotel was very nice,
Comfortable and clean. The food was great and staff very friendly. Free WiFi and complimentary breakfast as well. Can’t get much better than here!!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
VBurnham, Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location convenient. I am also pleased to see you found your room to be clean and comfortable and that you found our team to be very friendly.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

we had a great time in York such a beautiful city The hotel was great very clean and the staff very friendly and welcoming. Our room was a decent size with a nice shower and bathroom; breakfast was very good with a large selection from cooked to cereal with lovely bircher muesli. we would defiantly come back to stay at this hotel on our next visit to York.

Room Tip: bircher muesli at breakfast time was great over fresh fruit
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast buffet. I am also pleased to see you found our team friendly and welcoming.