All reviewsgreat hostslovely walk along the riverfull englishrecommend this establishmentcity centrepleasant place to stayhomemade jamsan easy minute walkthe bank holiday weekendmain roadsingle roomroom was spotlesscooked breakfastlovely breakfastset you up for the daystayed here for nightsb bs
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Lovely, clean room with comfortable beds and en suite facilities. The owners were so accommodating as there were two of us on the Friday night and three of us on the Saturday night and they put an extra bed in the room for us on the Saturday night. Lovely breakfast too - choice of Continental or Full English both mornings. A short walk away from the main city centre and a nice walk into and out of town too. Located in a nice quiet residential area. I had previously stayed in this Guest House a few years ago with another friend when it was under the management of the previous owners. I would definitely stay here again on any future visits to York and my friends would too.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Greg T, Owner at Moorgarth Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Thanks for the amazing review Fiona. We hope to welcome you and your friends back soon

Reviewed 31 July 2018

Nicest guest house in which we have ever stayed. Comfortable,clean and spacious room with a very enjoyable breakfast.The owners made us feel immediately welcome and were a font of local knowledge.
Will certainly visit again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Greg T, Owner at Moorgarth Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Thanks for the amazing review David, it’s so kind of you. We hope to see you again very soon...

Reviewed 31 July 2018

Very homely feel, I was welcomed immediately by Heidi. She had let me park up early and explore while my room was prepared. Perfectly located, it's an easy 15 minute walk into the centre. Heidi showed me a route along the river with easy access to and from the city.

I stayed in the single room on the top floor, the bed was very comfy, the room very clean and had no problems. Breakfast was delicious, I couldn't fault it. Greg was very friendly and made me feel very welcome, he can help you with any questions you might have.

For the price and location, you will do well to find better, I had a great stay. Both Heidi and Greg are great hosts, I'll certainly be staying again if I pass through in future.

Thanks, Warren

Room Tip: I stayed in the single room and there was more than enough space
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Greg T, Owner at Moorgarth Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Thanks for the outstanding review Warren, it’s very kind of you. We hope to see you again soon and are so pleased that you enjoyed your last stay with us..

Reviewed 31 July 2018

Clean, comfortable rooms close to the main sights of York. Owners are very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was just what we needed before continuing our cycle trip across country. Bikes were locked away safely.

Room Tip: Small double with on suite.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for the amazing review Steve. We look forward to seeing you again when you’re next in York. Always happy to keep the bikes locked away in our bike shed too..

Reviewed 30 July 2018

Can't fault one bit ....welcome was warm and friendly, room was perfect so comfortable and clean , breakfast was outstanding . Highly recommended would definitely stay again , loved the shabby style to

Room Tip: Only tip .... bigger fans for rooms when it's ridiculously hot, I know doesn't happen often lol
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for the wonderful review Donna. We look forward to seeing you again very soon. Heidi does like a bit of ‘shabby chic’ style...