2,197 results
All reviews race course grandstand room leisure club balcony overlooking leisure facilities race track city centre the penthouse steam room and sauna two double beds lovely hotel reception staff public areas buffet style large room bus stop family room
Reviewed 3 August 2018

Great hotel, friendly staff, good breakfast. Bit shabby in places but good enough for the price. Bit of a walk to the centre but not too long. Good restaurant and good spa. Would definitely go back. We got a room right upstairs which wasn’t a twin room as requested and it had a horrible smell, very well worn however they moved us straight away and room was much better.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Megan G, Guest Relations Manager at York Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear Pi X,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and our facilities. I am very sorry that you had issues with your original room however glad to see that our team resolved this for you. All feedback (even the negative) does help us find focus areas to improve and I will be sharing your comments with the relevant departments.

We hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Megan

Reviewed 1 August 2018

The hotel is adjacent to the York racecourse which was perfect for us. The room was spacious and cool, it was really warm outside. The terrace was a great place to enjoy an evening drink. Fantastic buffet breakfast. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Megan G, Guest Relations Manager at York Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Dear dawncee28,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, we take pride in delivering exceptional services and I will be sharing your feedback to continue to motivate and inspire the team.

We hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel and we’re horrified to discover that our old, outdated room did not have working temperature capabilities. All of the windows were open when we arrived, and after closing them we realised why- because the old radiator was on full blast and could not be turned down or switched off. After failing to sleep in blistering conditions, we called room service at 3am and asked them to come and fix the problem, which they couldn’t. The man admitted he knew there was a problem with the room, which makes me wonder why they put us in it, and after about half an hour moved us across the hotel to the only other room available.

The hotel did provide some money off, but we were shattered the next day and it badly impacted our trip. The Marriott really let us down, especially for such a high price.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jigghead

Dear Jigghead,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I would like to apologise for the issues that you encountered with your A/C unit in your room. Please let me assure you that this is not our usual high standards that we expect our guests to experience. All feedback (even the negative) helps us identify issues to look to rectify them in an effort to improve our service.

I appreciate you bringing this to my attention, as I will be sharing your feedback with the Maintenance team to look further into this problem to resolve this for future guests.

I hope we will get the chance to welcome you back and show you a guest experience that you deserve. Should your travels bring you back to York, please contact me directly and I will personally manage your booking for you.

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for one night and the hotel was pleasant. The rooms are a bit dated but our family room had two double beds and a sofa area with a very large flat screen tv which was great. Unfortunately the hotel didn't provide a cot for our 5 month old. I am not sure if they don't provide cots at all or they had run out but the website said no cots available when we booked. Luckily we have a travel cot so this was not an issue for us. We had to order room service for dinner as our little one was exhausted from a busy day and went to sleep very early. I had the lamb tagine which was delicious and my husband had the fish and chips which was tasty. We also ordered a lovely bottle of the Governor Grenache Tempranillo which was really good! The prices however were a little high but it is to be expected with room service and it was great they provided it as we would not have been able to eat otherwise! The dessert however was a let down. The chocolate pot was actually a tiny squirt of flavourless cream rather than the rich deep chocolate "pot" we were expecting. It came with shortbread which was nice but it was very small for the price. Such a shame! The gardens are lovely and the view right overlooking the racecourse was great! We used the pool in the morning which was fantastic, our little boy loved it and at 8am we had it entirely to ourselves! Breakfast was great with a large selection and the food was of good quality and tasty. I would stay here again but would try and eat in the restaurant as the menu looked great!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
John F, Assistant Front Office Manager at York Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Dear Anna T

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us here at the York Marriott.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and I will be certain to pass your feedback on to the rest of the hotel that we may better improve upon the service we provide for our guests.

Kind regards

Reviewed 25 July 2018

The hotel has a nice location. Its a couple of miles out of town but has frequent bus service into York center. You avoid having to hassle with looking for parking. The check-in and check-out process was fast and friendly. The breakfast was very good, eggs were cooked to order and there was an attractive selection of breakfast items to choose from. We got a upgrade and had a nice view of the race course.

I can see how some people might complain about the hotel being a little worn out. My bathtub fixture was functional but had a slight cosmetic defect. In the first floor pool area, the whirlpool never got very hot and was on a weird timer that had the whirlpool jets working for around 4 minutes and then being off for 6 minutes. I asked the attendants whether this could be adjusted and they said it was on a computer timer they had no control over and said I was the first person who had ever complained about it.

If you sleep early, you might consider getting a room that does not face the race track. Both nights we were there, there was music playing below our race track facing room. Music ended at 10PM and was not a problem for us.

I would have no problems coming back to stay at this hotel, especially if given the same upgraded room.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Megan G, Guest Relations Manager at York Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Dear Geoffrey I,

Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time in York and your stay with us here at the York Marriott. I have shared your feedback with the relevant departments as a good example and I hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!