“Beautiful building”

Best Western York Pavilion Hotel
Ranked #23 of 47 Hotels in York
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Building looked lovely, I can see why it's a wedding venue. We arrived well before check in time and asked if it was ok to park as we were staying. The car park is small but once you have a space it's quite easy to get to town. Bus stop practically opposite or a 25 minute walk by the river.
Check in was easy. Room was a decent size with an ensuite with a bath ( shower over this). Very hot room. Window opened onto a courtyard but you got to hear all the kitchen activity until quite late.
Breakfast was very good with excellent coffee. Good choice in food. Menu for evening also looked good but we ate in York most nights.
Taxi back was £6 minimal wait but no races on.
Would stay again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank suzej5
Irene C, Owner at Best Western York Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Dear Suze -

Many thanks for your review and I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you loved the choices we offer for breakfast. Next time you stay do please try the restaurant - there's lots of options and I think you'll love it!

Just call our Reservations team when you plan to return to York and I'll make sure that you get a great room for the best price.

Thanks for your review - we appreciate your comments very much!

Irene Cossins

Write a ReviewReviews (1,343)

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Room not very clean on arrival. Not serviced on first day. Staff ok but not over helpful. Car park a nightmare, wedding guests get preference over residents. We had a two room apartment. Spiral staircase from sitting room to bedroom was very slippy. Apartment in need of a deep clean. Newspaper ordered but only arrived on 2 out of 3 days.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Stephen -

I was so disappointed to read your review and to read that you felt that your apartment had not been serviced properly during your stay with us at the weekend. There are no excuses and I have spoken with my housekeeping team today.

We do have limited car parking only for residents, offering 40 spaces for 62 rooms - so it is always on a first-come, first-served basis. Weddings are well aware that there is no parking offered for their guests but of course it is difficult to monitor. I do hope you will come back in the future and let me show you that we usually get things perfectly right.

Just call the reservations team directly so we can make sure you get a great room for the best price.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

First stayed here a few weeks back, this hotel for the price represents excellent value for money in my opinion . The rooms are full of character and charm , the restaraunt is excellent ! Most of all the team are amazing ! So warm and friendly ! Tara, Frankie and James to name but a few.

Great job guys !

Keep it up

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Many thanks for your great review and I was delighted that my team made you very welcome when you stayed with us recently - and so glad that you came back twice just to make sure that you loved it! I have enjoyed sharing your lovely comments with my team - Tara, Frankie and James were very pleased!

We look forward to welcoming you back on many occasions in the future - just call the hotel directly to make your booking so we can promise a great room at the best price.

Come back soon!

Kind regards -

Reviewed 29 September 2017

This wonderful hotel ticks all the boxes for customer service. Its extremely well run. , lovely food, friendliness of staff and ambiance. We only stayed for one night and staff were very polite, helpful. the rooms nicely furnished. position was good for getting into town by bus No 7 opp the hotel and return just outside the entrance. perfect. definitely be returning. loved it!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VivianC622

Dear Vivian -

Many thanks for your lovely review and I was delighted that my team made you very welcome when you stayed with us recently. Hopefully next time you visit you will be able to stay a little longer and enjoy more of what our beautiful City has to offer - I bet you didn't have time to take advantage of the Designer Outlet right on our doorstep!

I hope you'll come back soon - just call our reservations team to book your room and I promise a great room at the best price!

Reviewed 19 September 2017

When we booked a specific request was made for a quiet room.
Upon arrival it turned out our room was above a function room. For the 2nd and 3rd nights of our stay we would have been directly above wedding discos!
We were moved rooms but in the process, they 'misplaced' two items of our luggage for a hour ! - But they did eventually arrive!
Breakfast was good though.
You had to be lucky to get a place in their car park. But we did easily get free on road car parking close to the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Gareth -

I was so sorry to learn that there was a mix-up when you arrived at the hotel and that you had not been allocated a quiet room - I was glad that we were able to resolve the problem. Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day so I was delighted that you enjoyed what we offer.

Thank you for your review - hopefully you will come back and stay again - just call our reservations team to make your booking and I'll make sure you get a great, quiet room at the best price possible!