1,883 results
All reviews york minster taxi rank kedgeree valet parking is minster bells lovely hotel perfect location hotel restaurant eggs benedict no air conditioning visiting york breakfast was excellent third floor small room booked this hotel birthday treat my mum
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had an upstairs room (note; there was no elevator, but luckily I had a small carry-on type case) and literally looked out onto the Minster, which was a treat. When I arrived, I was given a note for my vehicle (which I was returning to the rental place after checking into the hotel), to ward off traffic wardens! Unfortunately I couldn't indulge in breakfast as I had to depart for an early train, but I would recommend this hotel for it's location and style.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
DeanCourt, General Manager at Dean Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Canadamanda,

Thank you for your lovely review, assume you are from Canada and called Amanda?Glad you enjoyed your 1 night stay with us ( a long way to travel for just 1 night). Lets hope we see you again when you can stay a bit longer and have time to enjoy the sights of our great City.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve had the pleasure of staying in York a number of times. However, my friend and I wished to stay inside the city walls this visit. Upon arrival, the staff was not only extremely helpful, but very friendly. The staff went out of their way to accommodate us, with the need to hire taxis and always provided answers to many questions..... most helpful! My only criticism is that I prefer a venue that has an older feel on the interior. However, that is neither here nor there in the long run. The convenience of staying inside the fabulous city walls of York, was a treat.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
DeanCourt, General Manager at Dean Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Stephanie s,

Thank you fr such a glowing review, I am so pleased we were your chosen hotel for a stay inside the City walls and that you and your friend had a great time at the DCH with friendly and helpful staff. Trying to balance old tradition with new decor, furniture- WIFI etc is a hoteliers night mare, as what is right for one is not right for all. Lets hope we do see you again when visiting these shores again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On arrival, we found a dehumidifier going full tilt in our room, with the hose feeding out of the open window. We wondered if there had been a smoker there; but we weren't bothered as there was no smell. How naïve we were! We had to close the window at night as the room was very noisy with outside revelry - and the room got steadily hotter, despite it being a cold night and all the radiators being turned off. When we reported this on departure, the staff didn't sound at all surprised! Quite apart from that, the hotel just didn't exude a classy feel, despite the high price for a standard room. On the plus side, the staff were all very friendly; and the sound of the minster bells was lovely.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear JohnWoodford,

Thank you for your recent review though I am obviously sad to read its content. I cannot find any reservation under your name to explore when you stayed, which room etc so i can investigate your comments. If you do read my response please do not hesitate to contact me directly simon.murphy@deancourt-york.co.uk so we can discuss your review and stay in some detail. However I am delighted that you found my staff to be friendly and you loved the Minster bells (would you believe some guests dont), everyone has a different expectation of a hotel stay, a restaurant meal, travel, shopping, what is value for money to one person is too expensive to another- suppose thats what makes life interesting.Please note we are a fully non smoking hotel.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Spent a couple of nights here on a recommendation from a friend. It's very central (literally opposite York Minster) as we were attending a service at York Minster it was ideal. We had a view of The Minster from our room (room 61). The room was spacious and clean, the bed really comfy, lovely set of jam treats left for us too, oh and we found a mini rubber duck in the bathroom too. The staff were helpful, friendly and polite. We didn't eat in the restaurant but friends that have stayed say the food is really good. The only downside to the position of our room was the noise, we could hear people in the room above padding around, and the noise from the streets (given there are 4 pubs in the street under our room) we could obviously hear people heading home after a night out, but also the drayman delivering the barrels in the early mornings along with the refuse collection, which seemed really early as it was still dark, meant no luxury lie in for us. That said, it is a good hotel, just choose your room wisely.

Room Tip: Avoid the front of the hotel if you want a quiet night, would advise asking staff for recommendations prior to booking.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear SurreyGirl21,

Thank you for your very nice review and your nice feedback about room 61, which has one of the best views of York Minster) glad you loved our new duck- not show what colour you had as they all have different names after several of the staff in the hotel(check out our hotel website for all the names and colours of ducks) - mine is the blue one !! Sadly the down side of having a hotel in the city centre is that some guests can hear street noise, and the majority actually dont, all our rooms have secondary double glazing- I suppose its what your use too on a daily basis. I am pleased that overall you thought the hotel to be good and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 13 October 2018

Our room had a view of York Minster, so lovely. The service at the front desk was prompt and friendly. The location is excellent - near the minster, the Shambles, etc... Not in easy walking distance from the train station, though, but a very short cab drive away.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dustchick

Dear dustchick,

Thank you for your lovely review, we are "blessed" with great views of York Minster but I am so "blessed" with great staff offering great, friendly- professional service. Our hotel is 8 minutes walk from the train station across the river (there is a bridge), with traffic as it is in a city centre its quicker than by taxi and its great walking towards the Minster. Lets hope we see you again.