The Park View
  • Breakfast included
US$137
US$112
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$133/night.

York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$106
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$131/night.

US$320
US$168
  • Pool
Park Inn by Radisson York(York)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$90
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$104/night.

US$129
US$121
Orbitz.com
US$110
US$84
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$95/night.

Holiday Inn York(York)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$73
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$83/night.

US$114
US$108
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 August 2015 via mobile

NEGATIVE REVIEWS ARE FROM PARK VIEW HAXBY NOT GROSVENOR TERRACE THE ADDRESSES HAVE BEEN CONFUSED GROSVENOR TERRACE PARK VIEW IS BEAUTIFUL spectacularly clean building and perfectly clean room beautifully furnished with matching sheets and curtains every detail was perfection. the television worked wonderfully with freeview and the whole place had a great wifi connection. We were given complete freedom and keys to the hotel and room. breakfast was delicious and filling and there was so much to choose from and even a proper veggie option which I really appreciated! The owner Gaynor was so polite and friendly and chatty and did everything possible to make our stay easier and even let us leave our baggage after we checked out so we could have one last day without carrying our bags! I haven't a single complaint it was pricey but completely worth our money we got every penny's worth of hospitality and friendliness. Plan to return for a romantic break in winter

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2015

I booked this hotel at the beginning of April 2015 to celebrate our 10th anniversary, after what has been a very difficult year due to my partner's father suddenly dying. I booked tickets to the races and I wanted a nice hotel to go with it. The hotel advertised a great 4 poster bedroom and I booked this as a surprise and treat.

At the time of booking I noticed a review complaining about cancellation at short notice. The hotel blamed a family emergency. Given what had happened to us I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt knowing how difficult these situations can be. I had a nagging feeling and was still a little worried so called them on the 16th July to confirm my booking and specifically ask about payment and parking. I spoke to Gaynor who told me where to park, that all was ok with the booking and that nothing else was needed as they "had my credit card details anyway."

On the 22nd July, the same person (Gaynor ) called me to say they were cancelling the booking due to me not sending them a cheque for the deposit??? I booked this with Laterooms, confirmed with credit card and at no point on the booking page does it say that a cheque deposit is required. Lets be honest who sends cheques, or has a cheque book in today's digital age! As they said they already had my card details.

I was not aware that a deposit was needed. On enquiring where this is on their policy I was told by Gaynor that its in the cancellation policy. Why on earth would I read that ?? I WAS NOT GOING TO CANCEL. I had tickets for the Races. Why isn't it in the HEADLINE of their BOOKING policy ?? I stated I would pay it over the phone immediately, only to be told she had conveniently already let the room- no doubt at a premium..!!

Let me guess, they sell rooms and then cancel bookings nearer the time once they know there is a demand and they can hike the prices up to rip others off. Read the other reviews as this is not the first time they have pulled this stunt!

What is most galling about this is that I phoned the "Owner " on the 16th of July to confirm my booking. There was no mention of the deposit being outstanding. When I asked Gaynor why she had said nothing on the 16th July she denied speaking to me!

Very disappointed and disgusted with this Hotel, and the obvious greed and underhand tactics of the management . Book at your peril.

DO NOT GIVE THEM THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT ON ANYTHING - you will be let down and left high and dry.

They obviously need a good lesson in customer relations. Luckily for me I believe in Karma. Please look to other establishments in the area, do not waste your time with these people...

Laterooms were contacted but were unable to do anything regarding this matter, other to find me an alternative at a much higher price. The only positive is they assured me I would not be getting charged for the hotel's cancellation of my stay. I received confirmation of this in writing.

What should of been a well needed great weekend has been somewhat spoiled. This was not a cheap room I booked..!! I would not recommend the hotel or Laterooms.

And just to add, after the cancellation phone call, I was unable to contact both the Hotel and Gaynor!

Room Tip: Don't stay here !! Stop somewhere else..!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rob O
Reviewed 22 July 2015

I made a booking with this guesthouse almost 4 months in advance of my travel, booking 2 double rooms for a special 50th birthday celebration. We also booked races tickets, restaurants and bought nice new outfits.
Two days prior to arrival we received a voicemail from Gaynor the landlady, telling us that she had accepted new bookings and was cancelling our booking!!
Reading though reviews she clearly does this often and my guess is it is a busy weekend, everywhere is sold out and she get a better price.
I will consider taking this matter further as after spending a number of hours trying to resolve this through Late Rooms it is apparent that she has breached her terms.
She has totally devastated what was meant to be a special occasion and has left me a few hundred pounds out of pocket and frankly doesn't care a bit !!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Paula Y
Reviewed 22 November 2014

Had a nice long weekend 14-17 November. This was our 3rd stay at Park View - not to be confused with the Park View on Axbey Road ! Lovely accommodation and food and very convenient for the city - only a 5 minute walk. Would definitely recommend it

Room Tip: We had the four poster on the front - slept well despite the railway line nearby
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lindsay N
Reviewed 4 November 2014

Does not send any booking conformation, I kept phoning to check that we were booked in as I have never not received conformation for a booking before. Gaynor told me she will get back to me but she doesn't. Then I was told she didn't want us to stop there as I had been rude to her on the phone!!
In my opinion we were never booked in and by saying she didn't want us to stay there, saved her having to phone somebody else and let them down. I do not recommend this guest house owner is not capable of taking bookings....without double booking

Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple