Novotel York Centre(York)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$97
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$115/night.

Park Inn by Radisson York(York)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$123
US$102
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$140/night.

York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$104
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$126/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$320
US$163
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$188/night.

US$191
US$93
Agoda.com
US$102
US$98
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$124/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$172
US$133
US$142
US$134
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn York(York)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$72
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$92/night.

Best Western Kilima Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$100
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$131/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 November 2014

Does not send any booking conformation, I kept phoning to check that we were booked in as I have never not received conformation for a booking before. Gaynor told me she will get back to me but she doesn't. Then I was told she didn't want us to stop there as I had been rude to her on the phone!!
In my opinion we were never booked in and by saying she didn't want us to stay there, saved her having to phone somebody else and let them down. I do not recommend this guest house owner is not capable of taking bookings....without double booking

Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Beverley S
Reviewed 27 October 2014

I would write a review but like another reviewer we were contacted the day before, by the owner apologising, saying they had family problems, which left us very little time to find another room. I booked this as a treat for our son and daughter-in-law and they were really looking forward to it as we were going to babysit the grandkids. Luckily we are retired and had an hour to spare trying to find another room. At such short notice there was not the choice we had originally found and it also ended up costing us more. Doubtless to say I will not be recommending this hotel to anyone.....

Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynne G
Reviewed 12 October 2014

We stayed 2 nights at the park view in the 4 poster room. The room itself was a good size, although the decor was a little dated it was all in good condition and actually felt very homely.
The owner; Gaynor was very friendly and made an excellent breakfast each morning.
On returning to york i will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2014

I would write a review but, as we were contacted the day before we were due to travel by the owner, apologising saying that they had had a 'leak' and the room was 'unusable', we were left to find an alternative at very short notice.
I have deliberately put those words in inverted commas as I have my doubts as to the truth of the reason for cancelling our booking. IF it IS true, perhaps they need to get their plumbing attended to, post haste as, if you read through the reviews, this excuse has been used before. I actually suspect that they have deliberately overbooked.
Therefore, I would advise giving this hotel a wide berth unless you don't mind having to find an alternative at short notice and at extra cost!!

Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 September 2014

As always, I researched accomodation on Late Rooms, read 'every' review on Tripadvisor, and booked direct with the owner.
I secured a healthy little discount by dealing direct ( always worth a try?), and although our room was not quite ready, (we arrived 2 Hrs before book in), was greeted by the loveliest proprietor, Gaynor, handed our room keys and parking pass, and sauntered into York for several hours, before returning, to discover that we'd been afforded the very lovely four poster room,#4.
Room 4 is on the first floor, overlooking the railway line, at the front. We neither saw, nor heard a single train over our three day stay, and never closed a window.
Being a 6'4" big fella, I don't always sleep well, however the bed was both large, and comfortable. The traditional bed throw affording us both warmth, and comfort, with a sympathetic nod, to the room decor.
Tea making, iron/board, fan & hairdryer easily located, as was the alarm clock, very handy.
The bathroom was functional, clean but functional, but we didn't travel North to compare bathrooms!
Breakfast was cooked freshly to order by Gaynor, and was tasty and plentiful, and ably assisted by her delightful younger sister Susie, the chattiest friendly school leaver ever ( my partner being a girls school teacher, most impressed). The girls were knowledgeable, very, very friendly, and a great advert for the city.
If you're visiting York, be objective. Free parking for almost three days can be worth £60 or more......really! The proximity of the hotel to the city, means that there is absolutely no need for taxis, this hotel is so close, yet squirreled away in a quiet side street.
If you need a bed, bathroom and breakfast, don't give a review. for maybe, The York Hilton, which remained visibly clinical...........and totally deserted!

Room Tip: Visitors tip; seek out the incredible French restaurant, Rustique, an affordable dining experience, with food unmatched on our travels, absolutely, unmatched, marvelous!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple