“Linz and Paul " ticks all boxes"”
Review of The Park View

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in York
The Park View
Ranked #172 of 195 York B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 November 2014

Had a nice long weekend 14-17 November. This was our 3rd stay at Park View - not to be confused with the Park View on Axbey Road ! Lovely accommodation and food and very convenient for the city - only a 5 minute walk. Would definitely recommend it

Room Tip: We had the four poster on the front - slept well despite the railway line nearby
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lindsay N

Reviewed 4 November 2014

Does not send any booking conformation, I kept phoning to check that we were booked in as I have never not received conformation for a booking before. Gaynor told me she will get back to me but she doesn't. Then I was told she didn't want us to stop there as I had been rude to her on the phone!!
In my opinion we were never booked in and by saying she didn't want us to stay there, saved her having to phone somebody else and let them down. I do not recommend this guest house owner is not capable of taking bookings....without double booking

Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Beverley S
Reviewed 27 October 2014

I would write a review but like another reviewer we were contacted the day before, by the owner apologising, saying they had family problems, which left us very little time to find another room. I booked this as a treat for our son and daughter-in-law and they were really looking forward to it as we were going to babysit the grandkids. Luckily we are retired and had an hour to spare trying to find another room. At such short notice there was not the choice we had originally found and it also ended up costing us more. Doubtless to say I will not be recommending this hotel to anyone.....

Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynne G
Reviewed 12 October 2014

We stayed 2 nights at the park view in the 4 poster room. The room itself was a good size, although the decor was a little dated it was all in good condition and actually felt very homely.
The owner; Gaynor was very friendly and made an excellent breakfast each morning.
On returning to york i will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2014

I would write a review but, as we were contacted the day before we were due to travel by the owner, apologising saying that they had had a 'leak' and the room was 'unusable', we were left to find an alternative at very short notice.
I have deliberately put those words in inverted commas as I have my doubts as to the truth of the reason for cancelling our booking. IF it IS true, perhaps they need to get their plumbing attended to, post haste as, if you read through the reviews, this excuse has been used before. I actually suspect that they have deliberately overbooked.
Therefore, I would advise giving this hotel a wide berth unless you don't mind having to find an alternative at short notice and at extra cost!!

Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business